Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
this isnt really a wip thread as majority of the work was undertaken before i joined vxon, but im sure i'll add to it as time goes by. anyway, thought i'd post these pics of the mothership, my 3.0i 24v V6 omega elite

a couple of months ago she was featured over a two page spread in autobahnstormers vx v6 magazine 'straight six news', and has just been featured in total vauxhall magazines 'vaux'hall of fame. i was surprised the car was featured in the mag at all, but imagine my surprise to see she was awarded 'car of the month'! that put a smile on my face!

she's a late 1997 model, which must make her one of the first mini-facelifts of the production line. colour is deep metallic jungle green mica, full cream leather interior, chocolate brown dash and surrounds, pretty much emulates the classic jaguar colour scheme. i've had her for 5 years, and i'm third owner from new. every option seems to have been ticked with this car, fully integrated carphone (pre CCRT700, this car has the CCR600 and CDC2 unit), integrated factory satnav, all the xenons, irmscher kit, the usual electrics and a/c, self levelling rear suspension, rear blind, etc etc, all the toys basically.

she's my every day car racking up 400+ miles a week so while i've spent a lot of time and money keeping her in tip top condition, i've kept her completely standard with the exception of some clear side repeaters and a harmon kardon ipod integration kit.

since ownership ive never had any problems with her at all, just regular servicing, but being such a workhorse, the past 12 months have seen a great deal of work undertaken to restore her to former glory. almost all of this work has been undertaken by myself using genuine new GM parts where possible, a feat made possible by the trusty GM trade card hehe. many of the jobs on this car were made a lot easier by the assistance and help of oof members and the handy guides on the forum, so i thank fellow members and admin for all your advice!! had i known how much i was going to have to do i might have been browsing the pages of autotrader again, but hey ho...

i'll add a list below of recent work undertaken which should help illustrate what ive been keeping busy with over the past few months and how she's ended up in her current condition. of course, the work is never done and i'm sure i'll be adding more pics and info in the not-too-distant!

for now anyway, enjoy the pics (some new, some not so new). more to follow, and i'll keep 'em all in this thread from now on.

;)

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recent Work Undertaken:

New Front Shock Absorbers
New Self Levelling Rear Shock Absorbers
Harmon Kardon Drive and Play iPod ICE install
Replacement HK Drive and Play Click Wheel
Replacement BOSE Passenger Door Speaker
Replacement backbox
Full Front End Respray (Bonnet, Wings, Doors, Grille, Mirrors)
New Oil Sump Pan and all new screws
Replacement Sat Nav Screen
Replacement Sat Nav GPS Mouse and loom
Recent Sat Nav Disc
New Irmscher Chrome Badge
New Leather Gear Gaiter
New Leather Handbrake Gaiter
New Clear Side Repeaters
Replacement Drivers Door Locking Solenoid
Replacement Passenger Back Door Locking Solenoid
Replacement Boot Locking Solenoid
Replacement Rear Bumper Supports
Replacement Rear Bumper Chrome Trim
Replacement Plenum Bolt Covers
New Cam Cover Gaskets
New Inlet Manifold Gaskets
New Heater Matrix
New Coolant Bridge and Sensors
New Coolant Header Tank
New Coolant Header Tank Pressure Cap
New Oil Cooler Channel Bolts and Screws
New Oil Cooler
New Oil Filler Neck Gasket
New Waterpump
New Thermostat
New Heater Bypass Valve
New Radiator Valve and Gasket
New Radiator
Full Thorough Coolant Flush inc. Forte BioDegreaser Flush
New Pollen Filter
New Bosch Windscreen Wipers
New GO Battery
New Front Brake Pads
New Front Brake Pad Sensors
New Cambelt Kit and tensioners
New Spark Plugs
New Fuel Filter
Replacement Secondary Air Injection Pump
Replacement Drivers Side Fog Lamp
New set of Wheel Locking Nut covers
2 x Replacement alloy wheels
Replacement set of dash switches
Replacement Illuminated Sun Visors
Breathers Cleaned
Plenum Cleaned
New ECC Climate Bulbs
New Dash Bulbs
New Rear Bulbs All Round
New Headlamp Bulbs
New Front Splitter
Replacement Key Fobs and Batteries
Oil Change Every 4 - 5000 miles
Head Gasket replacement both sides
Heads skimmed
Valves reseated
Stem seals replaced
Lifters cleaned
Exhaust manifold gasket replaced
HT Leads bank 246 replaced
New Automatic Transmission Fluid
New Automatic Transmission Gaskets
New Automatic Transmission Filter
New Air Filter
Replacement rear bumper chrome strips

·
Registered
79 Posts
corkin big motors!!

hard to believe the miles you put on it with the condition of it in/out and under the bonnet!!!

still have a temptation for an elits or mv6 maybe at some point... great comfy wagons, ncie to see wi all the toys too!!

enjoy!

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
corkin big motors!!

hard to believe the miles you put on it with the condition of it in/out and under the bonnet!!!

still have a temptation for an elits or mv6 maybe at some point... great comfy wagons, ncie to see wi all the toys too!!

enjoy!

yeah we're up to 162k this week! :lmao:

definitely an elite over an mv6; mv6 really is poverty spec in comparison, although you get stiffer suspension and different wheels.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
lovely motor
thanks. here's another tight rear end shot. this is the one printed in total vauxhall and straight six news

·
Cannonball will win with or without you
8,417 Posts
Very smart Omega but straight 6 news , am I missing something ?

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
straight six news originally featured the older six cylinder models; carltons, monzas, royales, that kind of thing, but as many of those cars died off and more rear wheel drive v6s were being produced in the form of the omega the magazine enlarged its coverage to include 'rear wheel drive six cylinder / v6 vauxhalls', although you still see some crackers in there like a restored opel commodore and some lotus carltons :Cool2:. so rear wheel drive v6 omegas qualify, where as non v6 omegas do not.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
thanks all, your feedback is appreciated!

well, small update. as you know, the mothership was 'car of the month' in total vauxhall not so long ago. i bought the new issue this weekend and was flicking through looking for the feature which shows DVLA records of how many performance vauxhalls are left on the road. tvx provided a pic of each vehicle with some stats next to it. naturally i looked for the omega stats and was bowled over to see the mothership featured again! the pic below has been published along with stats on how many 3.0 3.2 2.5 2.6 MV6 and Elites are left on the roads, saloon and estate. there are literally thousands of 3.0 elites, but not so many 3.2s it would seem (under 500 if memory serves). stats cover uk, germany and belgium i think. the new issue is out now if you're interested in specifics.

·
It's only the bhp per ton that matters
1,448 Posts
I love the vauxhall omega and especially the amount of luxury and gadgets you get with them. Very fine example yours, caught my eye when reading tv to say the least. One hell of a list mind.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.