Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hola babushkas,
so its a 2007 Petrol 1.6 XEL engine CLUB.

I did EGR Channels cleaning job last year (August). and since then its been perfect.

Today, I have been noticing that same hesitation behavior upon accelerations and noticeable stutter from it.
I am reluctant to accept that EGR channels have got blocked again as I have only done about 5000 miles since the clean.

So, back to the investigation. Possible culprits please?

Advice much appreciated

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks guys.I haven't replaced egr valve on it.I cleaned the channels previously. Shall I take the egr valve off and clean.

Also, I didn't know meaning of babushkas apart of it was from compare the meerkats zot com. :)

Sent from my thl T9 Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So took the egr valve off.the mintle moves freely if I move it using needle nose plyers.however it was full of gunk so gave it a good clean.fitted back.the stutter has reduced however it's still there.what could be next. Thanks guys

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks Andy. I will get one ordered and update once fitted. Also I am getting system lean bank 1 occasionally is it related?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Cheers Andy. I will give it an inspection tomorrow to see if I can find any leakages. Thanks mate.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Update. No leakages found. I have been trying to note the pattern of hesitation.its mostly when engine is warmed up so it is looking like egr is sticking. I did order the blanking plate which should be with me Monday so will fit and post back.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Part arrived today.a quick question when fitting should I remove current black gasket for the valve?

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
update: fitted the plate. the car is stuttering extremely less and I am only seeing extremely slight juddering/stuttering at low revs at about 2k-3k however not all the times so plate has definitely helped.
I am doing oil filter change this weekend as its been over 6 months just in case.

anything else i can look for.
thanks Andy

1 - 20 of 38 Posts