Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I started to convert my 2008/9 Vivaro 2.0 CDTI to a camper van, the van had been sitting on my drive for around 2 months but was starting fine, I had a battery charger connected to the battery while parked, the next job on the list once it was drive able was to seal the scuttle panel, however I feel it now might be too late:cry:
Storm Ciara hit and the engine bay was soaking wet all over the top of the engine etc inside the blower motor housing, I left until the next morning and I tried to start the van but !!!! nothing, the van turns over but won't run.

I disconnected the charger and the battery and left for the next 24 hours.

Then I stripped all of the blower motor housing off the van and drained the small lake out of the insulation and the flap motor, I dried all the top end of the engine around the injectors, all the accessible sensors using WD40, compressed air and electrical contact cleaner.

The van initially didn't start but then after leaving another couple of hours it started straight up and I took it for a drive for 80 miles no issues.

The we had the second storm, storm Dennis. I had been clever and covered the engine bay over with a tarpaulin to stop any ingress of water, however Dennis seemed to have beaten me as the van now longer starts :mad:

I repeated the drying process as I did before but this time it hasn't worked.

I connected my Delphi DS150E diagnostic module and read the ECU using EOBD I couldn't seem to communicate using OBD2 is this Normal ?

The only error codes present was from where I had sensors etc disconnected, I cleared these and no further errors re-appeared, I disconnected the battery over night and tried again the next morning still no errors but the van didn't start.

I started checking sensor inputs to narrow down the search to which sensor might be at fault, I checked the following sensors, engine speed, fuel rail pressure, MAP, MAF, Throttle position, I can't seem to see any others however I am sure I could see more before when I have connected, I could see more sensor inputs and measured values.

I have fuel pressure indicating the high pressure pump is ok and I'm getting fuel to the injectors, they are just not opening to let fuel through, does anybody know which sensor might prevent the injectors from working. I couldn't see the cam sensor input using my Delphi ?

Also when I switch my ignition on to the second position I can't remember what lights I should get ? the STOP, the red led in the centre (Immo) I don't get the glow plug light come on at all anymore, it always cam on for a split second when the van was working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
So after connecting to the body control module I found I am getting error B0040 CAN no communication with ECM, today I have removed the Ecu and fuse box to inspect the wiring, no issues found as of yet, I have started with the wiring over the gearbox.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts