Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I have Opel Insignia sport tourer 2.0 2010 160hp. When I drive on the highway, my car loses power. More precisely, I drive for a certain time and the car just slows down. If I drive 140km/h it sometimes slows down to even 80km/h and doesn’t allow me to go over that speed. No matter how much I squeeze the throttle or at whatever speed to shift, it doesn’t allow me. So he knows to be not to give me over 120km/h the same case. But first of all, he shows me a warning "Service vehicle soon". Only a few minutes after he gives me a warning, then my car has no power. The car is already serviced. He was connected to the Opcom, there are no faults. Can anyone help me? Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
28,039 Posts
Sounds like the common split in the boost hose issue , plenty of threads about it on the site.

Reactions: Boroboy

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like the common split in the boost hose issue , plenty of threads about it on the site.
Hi,It's me again. I took off my turbo pipe and it didn't break anywhere. The pipe is like new. But however I exchanged it with a new one. What else could be a problem besides this turbo pipe? thank you

·
Super Moderator
28,039 Posts
Hi,It's me again. I took off my turbo pipe and it didn't break anywhere. The pipe is like new. But however I exchanged it with a new one. What else could be a problem besides this turbo pipe? thank you
Need to retrieve a DTC from the ECU & see what the code is.

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Boost leaks dont always show up on diagnostic's check all your vacuum pipes are in tact and connected..sometimes the boost sencor that's attached to the slam panel breaks down and again don't always show up as a fault never did on my 1.9 cdti which is very similar to your engine just a later build

·
Premium Member
2,561 Posts
Check the vacuum pipes from said sencor and they are well known for causing issues even when they look OK to the eye

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just want to ask. When I change the turbo pipe, I saw there was a lot of oil in and around the pipe. Is that normal? IMG_20210510_185822.jpg

·
Super Moderator
28,039 Posts
Yes, but only when I'm on the highway. Only when I'm driving over 120km/h..
I'll let you know when I find and solve the problem.
Maybe the air flow pressure isn’t what a sensor expects to see at around 70 mph & this triggers the ECU to log a DTC.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Always a bit of oil in the pipe.
Okey amm. A few days ago, I took the car to the service. The servicer found an error on the mass air flow sensor. Then, with that sensor, I bought other items for service. Like oil filter, fuel filter, A little black tire going to the oil pump..etc.... It's all replaced with a new one. After that I went to the highway and drove over 70mph but the same thing happened to me again. The car's still losing power, at 80mph it's lowered it to 50mph.What's the next thing I'm looking to fix? Every pipe is right, no mistakes on the computer. What am I going to do?

·
Premium Member
15,614 Posts
Blocked dpf, faulty sensor, bad maf, sticky turbo vanes, etc, etc, etc, without some live data i would never know, take it to the garage and ask them to log some live data to see whats going wrong.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts