Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Popped in to Tesco this morning and while perusing the homewares section I saw a small chromed wire cutlery tray - about the size of an A4 pad and two inches deep (that's 297mm x 210mm x 51mm for you heathen metric Euro nutters).

As there was no price label on the display or the tray I took it to one of the checkouts and asked the guy the price. He scans the barcode and then asks me 'Are you over 21?'

When I asked him why he replied 'We have to ask this because this item can carry knives.'

WTF? It's a cutlery tray, so what else apart from spoons and forks is it going to hold?

What next? You go to Tesco's filling station and try to pay for your petrol and 5 litres of screenwash and you have to prove your age and that you have a driving license and insurance because 'These items are going into a lethal contraption which you could use to mow down a group of people as a bus stop with.'

Jesus H christ on a bike (with a safety helmet of course)...

[/rant]

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
a ruck sack can also be used to hide a bomb :eh :rolleyes: - who said that!!! BOMB! - crazy, the country is full of people who think they know how to run peoples lives IF we got rid of all these government busy bodies who are trying to keep themselves in a job then we will save tax money and people will be happier. Its like they are aiming for the perfect country - with safe everything, security, etc etc - the reality is we arent hamsters who are couped up in a cage but we are becoming it:mmmm

·
Rascal
12,258 Posts
"Careful lads, he's got a cutlery rack full of KNIVES that he could use at any moment"

I can see it now, a kid wanting to buy a cutlery tray so that he can carry all his knives with him whenever he hangs out with his "kru"

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think he realised that when he actually took the time to look at me!

Good job I wasn't trying to buy a microwave oven to cook a cat with...

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
:lmao: that is total crap. lol. i got ID'd for cigarettes a few months back -

she says - you got any id?

i then pointed to the car sitting outside the shop pressed the remote locking so the lights flashed, and said
"yep it has four wheels and an engine":lmao:

this was however the wrong thing to say cos although everone in the shop found it funny she did not and demande to see identification. she then read my date of birth, and counted back (on her fingers) to 1985 to make sure i was over 16. dopey bint!!:lmao:

after that i bought my regal kingsize elsewhere!!:bananasmi

·
Registered
172 Posts
i bought a ps2 game for b.f (stood there with car keys in hand) and got id'd for it, didnt think much of it ( as used to people thinkin i not 18) until i got in my car and had a better look at it. 15 CERTIFICATE!! wtf!! i was 19 at the time :down: suppose they have to be carefull though these days with all the new rules .....

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
h_19ASTRA said:
i bought a ps2 game for b.f (stood there with car keys in hand) and got id'd for it, didnt think much of it ( as used to people thinkin i not 18) until i got in my car and had a better look at it. 15 CERTIFICATE!! wtf!! i was 19 at the time :down: suppose they have to be carefull though these days with all the new rules .....
yeah your right, but its the way they do it, when they (it would seem anyway) are perfectly aware that you are old enough to buy whatever it is you are buying> its almost like "im gonna do this cos i can!!!:rolleyes:

·
Registered
745 Posts
shakermaker said:
"Careful lads, he's got a cutlery rack full of KNIVES that he could use at any moment"

I can see it now, a kid wanting to buy a cutlery tray so that he can carry all his knives with him whenever he hangs out with his "kru"

That did make me laugh :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
663 Posts
yeah your right, but its the way they do it, when they (it would seem anyway) are perfectly aware that you are old enough to buy whatever it is you are buying> its almost like "im gonna do this cos i can!!!
Some of the clubs round here I've gone in in a group and it's always the oldest one who gets ID. No idea why - the only thing I can think of is either "bound to, so it looks like we're doing our jobs but we don't risk trouble with some pissed up 17 year old" or "I'm a miserable ******* because I have to stand out here in the cold all night while you go in and get pissed, so I'm going to make sure all your mates spend all night calling you babyface."

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
I can't see why u'd have to be 21 to buy something that is used to hold things that u only have to be 16 to buy... I think someone's a little confused about the "Think 21" campaign.........

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
TheMorphiuz said:
I can't see why u'd have to be 21 to buy something that is used to hold things that u only have to be 16 to buy... I think someone's a little confused about the "Think 21" campaign.........
a couple of months back i got id'ed for national fecking lottery, i asked and said are you having a laugh, the check of it and im 24 !! :lmao:

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,152 Posts
I bought a teaspoon (amongst other items) from Tesco's a few weeks ago and was asked if I was over 16.

I could do more damage with the pen I also bought that a fecking teaspoon.

What the fecking feck was that all about!

·
Premium Member
9,195 Posts
how much was it?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts