Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya

I am a new Astra owner & would just like a bit of advise please! I have a 1.8 1999 Astra sport & my temp gauge is not working correctly. Its sits on cold unless in traffic & then goes up to 80 degrees-ish & as soon as I drive away it goes back down to nothing again. It also seems like its holding back on power every now & again & like its going to stall when I come to stop. I have been advised to change the Thermostat housing & Temp sensor?!.....I also am not sure if the cambelt needs to come off for this? Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Still have hesitation!

Hiya! Thanks for your response. I have sorted the temp fault which was the thermostat & I replaced the temp sensor as well as it all came as 1 part from Vauxhall. The temp now sits where it should but I still have the hesitation & holding back problem! I think I have figured out that it runs fine when cold & starts to run rough when warm?! Any ideas would be great cus it's really annoying me now!:grrr I've just sold my Scooby doo for this car! :shake

·
VXon Frontera Monkey
9,886 Posts
Warm running faults as you have described are normally down to a faulty Crank sensor
cheers
Steve

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Poor running!

Hey Steve!!

Thanks for that, im still getting used to how this site works LOL! Nice to speak to you the other day, hope all is going well for you. Thanks for the info, are the Crank sensors easy to fit & I bet they are expensiveeee??!!

Take care

V:lmao:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.