Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,

Sorry to bother you, Wondered if anyone had a quick answer to my problem.
I have just changed the cambelt & pulleys on my 3.0 Omega, no problem with that but when I tried it after rebuilding the emissions warning light came on.
I found I had broken the solenoid which works the changeover valve when I had propped the plenum up to do the cambelt.
Repaired the solenoid & re-soldered the wires back on & tested the unit, ok.
Light was still on until I removed & refitted the fuse, Light off, everything ok until the next day when the light came on again.
I have removed the solenoid twice since to test & it always works properly.
Is there still a fault or does the ECU "remember" the fault.
Can I reset it myself or have I got to pay vauxhall prices to have it reset?
I know it's not a life or death problem, but it gets up my tits when madam rings up & says "The lights come on again"

Thanks for your help.

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
If Omega is prefacelift, you can stick a paperclip into diags socket, and it flashes fault code on dash. Do a search on here for 'paperclip test' and/or 'topbuzz' :)

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
That's a bummer then.
The main thing I was bothered about was if there is still a fault or not, would removing & refitting the fuse clear it?

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
IIRC, the fault codes delete themselves after a set number of successful starts...

·
Premium Member
2,851 Posts
I had an orange light flicker a couple of times, but too quick to see which one it was. I thought it was TC one, but was never sure, and unlikely to light up whilst going up M69 at a rate of knots.

A few months later, my cranksensor failed completely, leaving me stranded in France. Since changing cranksensor, I haven't seen any quick flicker of an orange dash light.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote from handbook,
"Exhaust emission"
Control indicator light up when ignition is switched on. Goes out shortly after engine starts.
If it lights up when the engine is running
Fault in the emission control system. The permissible emission limits may be exceeded.

It never came on before I changed the cambelt, so I assume I have disturbed something.

·
Premium Member
575 Posts
Most fault codes clear themselves after 20 'clean starts'. So an intermittent fault will show up. Some faults - like crank sensor codes disappear immediately the problem is rectified.

Only things like the air bag fault codes need a dealer reset.

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Are the fault codes stored permamnently somewhere, or will they be reset by a battery disconnect? If so this will be cheaper then getting Vx to reset via Tech2.... no?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts