Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm near sure there was a member on here with an ad in their sig offering Tech2 services, possibly Cookstown direction?

Anyone know who I can't remember :think

Thanks

Pete

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi there Pete. I have an advanced OpelScanner Diagnostic kit, it can do pretty much anything that the Vx Tech2 can do.

I'm in portadown though.

What do you need doing?

Tim

·
Registered
81 Posts
Glad to help:Cool2:, I'm waiting for the CanBus version to be released later this year as I now have a Vec C and cant use the opelscanner on my own car:grrr.

The OpelScanner is brill, you can reprogam immob's, see live data, read and reset fault codes, It even talk to the radio:p.

Tim

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
aah Portadown, close lol. I'm looking the towbar electrics (plug in kit from Vx) activated on an '07 Astra if ye can do any better than the dealers £45 + VAT it'd be worth a run down

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hi Pete, the OpelScanner only goes up to 2005 at the moment, and I'm pretty sure that the Astra H is CanBus just like the Vec C's. The CanBus Opelscanner is supposed to be getting released later this year and I'll be getting it as soon as it's released. But that's no help to you though:cry:.

If it does help though, I got a towbar fitted to my Vec C and it had the Vx wiring kit but I didnt need to get it activated on mine, it just worked. The only thing that needs activating on mine is the Foglight function that switches off the car's foglight when the trailer is attached, I just dont use the foglight when I'm towing.

It might be worth a try to see if it will just work without Tech2-ing it.

Sorry I cant help you any more than this.

Tim

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the reply, I'll try that tomorrow and hopefully it'll work, the dealers told me it would but then they are wanting £45 + VAT lol

I'm doing well. Willer towbar and Vx wiring for £140 and fitted myself FOC. Beats the hell out of the £475 Townparks wanted for doing it!!!!

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Would you believe it?

Curosity got the better of me there so went out and tried it, and...........

So that'll do for now. When you get the CanBus system in let us know and I'll come down to set it for the foglight, and another wee thing I'm looking done

Cheers

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
a rather large aerial :lmao:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Mine was the same, I just tried it as it costs nothing to try. Just remember not to use the foglight while towing, I've read somewhere that if you do it'll blow a fuse as the foglight fuse is rated for just one light, not two as when you've got a trailer on.

Glad it worked for you, nothing like saving yourself £45+vat from the stealers :lmao::lmao::lmao:

Tim

·
Premium Member
739 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Not yet, I've a 25' homebase aerial to get stuck up on the garage when I can be annoyed:lmao:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts