Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Could anyone please tell me what the normal operating temperature is please? Mine seems to be running between the 2nd mark (85??) and 90 degrees, well more on the first mark really. Heater is very warm but not hot and whilst under load it will rise to about 90 degrees and the heaters get that little bit hotter. About to get a new thermostat but thought I'd ask first as I'm sure you all know the phrase "If it ain't broke................"

Cheers,

David

·
Registered
782 Posts
Well the stat is fully open at the 92 mark so its sound like its all good and belive me when i say dont fix it unless its broke cos it is a mutha of a job that you can do without.

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Mine sits in the same place and rises to 90-95 in traffic (Or did when it ran)

If the stat is in the same place as the petrol then I wouldn't bother!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I think it is located at the front end of the car remembering this is an in line 6 engine not a V. Thanks for the advice guys. Have just finished servicing the car, (oo err missus), new filters, oil, brake pads. I always put Diesel Magic directly into the new filter to clean out the injectors too. It worked a treat. Liberated a few horses I can tell you, plus has done wonders for the economy.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
JSeaman said:
Fair enough, the V6 is not the friendliest to work on. Hope you have more luck with yours than I have!

Boy do I know that one!!! I had a DTM Calibra 6 years ago so I can sympathise with you guys.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
JSeaman said:
Oh, didn't know - you understand the pain I'm going through (Physically and mentally) with the rebuild then!
Yep, then shortly after I got my first Soop!!!!! Sucker for punishment I am!!:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Good God that was a good time for car repairs! I'm being offered a very cheap trike at the mo but I've got so many broken vehicles that I can't fit it in.

Also there's that 2.5TT that's appeared - think it'll go quite cheap

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
JSeaman said:
Good God that was a good time for car repairs! I'm being offered a very cheap trike at the mo but I've got so many broken vehicles that I can't fit it in.

Also there's that 2.5TT that's appeared - think it'll go quite cheap
Same here. Got my ex aero outside at the mo, new owner just blew the HG, (suprise suprise!) Got my Emina (Previa) also with BHG and maybe a cracked head, My supe waiting for me to be arsed to fit my new bits so also in bits. My neighbours really love me!! (They do really!!):)

·
Premium Member
462 Posts
Sounds like you've got as much as me! Got the Daimler to finally get rid of, the Omega to fully rebuild, the Pug - well, let's not talk about that and then the Megane every 5 minutes

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
sparkybun said:
Hi,

Could you give me a bit more detail on "Diesel Magic" - what it does and where i can get it?

Thanks

Mel
Hi Mel it basically is a fuel line and injector cleaner that does exactly what it says on the tin. Taxi drivers round here swear by it. For example I had my Xantia TD MOTed and it failed on emmisions by a big margin. On advice I got a new fuel filter and poured it straight in. Drove for about a mile in lower gears to keep the revs highish. Took it back in and it flew through the emmisions.

I think that Halfrauds do them too.

http://www.edirectory.co.uk/pf/pages/moreinfoa.asp?pe=BDEGFCJQ_+comma+diesel+magic+400ml&cid=880

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Magic-Diesel-Treatment-injecter-cleaner_W0QQitemZ8049207440QQcategoryZ72205QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hi,

THanks for that. When you say pour it straight in - do you mean the fuel tank? Is this a really dumb question??!!??!!

Also should it go into a Full Tank, Half empty.........??

Cheers

Mel

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes it can go straight into the tank. I also religiously do it upon changing the diesel filter. I pour it directly into the filter prior to fitting it. then every 2000 miles pour one directly into the tank. It says it will treat up to a certain amount of gallons but I usually put it in when the fuel is lowish, say a couple of gallons. But that's just me.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts