Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can anyone advise? How do you get the factory fitted radio/cassette out of a Vauxhall Agila? My husband has taken out the screws and tried to ease it out with a screwdriver but to no avail. Do you need a special tool?
If anyone can advise he would be most grateful

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Stephen

Thanks for the info. The link does not go anywhere on the web.

When you say insert wires into the holes to release the catches - exactly where are the holes? There are 4 screw holes in each corner but thats it as far as I know.
My husband will have another look at it tomorrow I expect - weather permitting

·
aka wallop
945 Posts
The 4 grub screws are blanking screws.....

Remove these, then insert suitable removal tools into the screw holes, you will feel the tools open the catches....Gently apply pressure horizontally to the removal tools, (either outward towards the doors or inwards toward each other), and pull outwards at the same time.....

Once the head unit is out you will need to remove the mounting cage....

Look into the hole left by the head unit, you will find a screw, remove this screw.....Now gently pinch the top and bottom edges of the cage together in the middle & wiggle the cage free....Once its partway out slip your hand in behind the cage to unclip the wiring connectors from the rear face....

·
Registered
202 Posts
once you have removed the grub screws or allen key bolts you can cut a wire coat hanger in 2 and so you have the shoulders and tie or trouser rail in each hand bend the 2 halvee of the hanger to match the hole centres in thesterio front and push them in not to hard. you want to hear a click then slowly prys the head unit out

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
I've bought a cheap set of removal keys from my local car shop, cut them in half and bent the ends further over and hey presto, Robert's your Fathers Brother!

·
Premium Member
1,080 Posts
Let us know how you get on. Why are you taking out the headunit just out of interest? (Alright, l'm being nosy!)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.