Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Put up a thread about a noise coming from what I thought was the radiator fan a while back, unfortunately I don't think that's it now. (I'm getting a rapid hissing/clicking/spitting noise, like something escaping from a small piston) when the cooling apparatus (can you tell I'm not a mechanic?!) kicks in, eg. after a few minutes of stationary traffic driving or for 30 seconds or so after turning the engine off after a longer drive - the same time as the radiator fan is on, basically! The engine temp. is also going up quite rapidly when I hear it, which I'm presuming means it's supposed to be cooling the engine if it was functioning properly.

I've booked it in on wednesday morning, but can anyone advise as to what it might be, and more importantly, what it's going to set me back to have replaced (and whether you can get them on eBay for 1/5 the price etc!).

Cheers!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It doesn't seem to be losing water - unfortunate as a split pipe would be nice in the general scheme of things. I've decided to take it in tomorrow morning instead as I'm really skint and don't want two days' stress as to how much it's going to cost :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Just incase there are any night hawks on here - presuming it is the water pump, they seem readily available on ebay for not much - any idea what's reasonable for labour?

My housemate (a slightly ditzy girl) has a Corsa and her car's just been in - she said it was the water pump and that it cost her £180?! Seems a little on the steep side...!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.