Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried to open the tailgate [boot], this morning and it would not unlock the four doors opened OK, I can not find anywhere in the booklet where a fuse might be, does anyone have an idea what has happened, and is there a fuse somewhere?. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I tried to open the tailgate [boot], this morning and it would not unlock the four doors opened OK, I can not find anywhere in the booklet where a fuse might be, does anyone have an idea what has happened, and is there a fuse somewhere?. Thanks in advance.
Recently had this same annoying scenario with the tailgate of my 05 Astra estate. Problem turned out to be a random dodgy contact on one of 8 terminals in 2 connecting blocks in the tailgate loom. Had to strip out all the trim, remove handle microswitch unit and latch-locking unit, and get a multi-meter to check circuit feeds. Luckily it saved the cost of two replacement electrical units - the motor actuator in the latch-lock is known for failing. If the set up is similar on yours, it's worth the hassle before shelling out on parts. Good luck.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Recently had this same annoying scenario with the tailgate of my 05 Astra estate. Problem turned out to be a random dodgy contact on one of 8 terminals in 2 connecting blocks in the tailgate loom. Had to strip out all the trim, remove handle microswitch unit and latch-locking unit, and get a multi-meter to check circuit feeds. Luckily it saved the cost of two replacement electrical units - the motor actuator in the latch-lock is known for failing. If the set up is similar on yours, it's worth the hassle before shelling out on parts. Good luck.
Thanks, Alun seems there was a bad connection, pushed the connectors back together and gave them a bit of a spray with GT 85 and all is well, cheers.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Thanks, Alun seems there was a bad connection, pushed the connectors back together and gave them a bit of a spray with GT 85 and all is well, cheers.
As a matter of interest Robert, was it the connector to the handle microswitch or the one to the motor actuator in the latch-lock?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts