Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The tailgate/boot lock stopped working after 1 week of intermittent open and close, I looked on here and seen that a few of you quoted a technical bulletin 2028, i called Evans Halshaw in Middlesbrough and enquired if the lock would be repaired free of charge and that this is a common problem and told them about the technical bulletin, their answer, they would book it in at a cost of £50 and during investigation it would cost me a further £6 per hour, they said as no recall was in operation for this problem, I would probably have to pay, I said no thank you I will contact Vauxhall first. I have checked the wiring at joints and sharp corners all is ok and put a volt meter across the cables. So any other ideas short of replacing the electronic parts

·
"Red One.."
2,973 Posts
The bulletin goes over to another bulletin number 2779, and depends on VIN range - if you've got a VIN number can confirm if it within the affected range. Either way if the vehicle is out of it's normal warranty coverage they are correct that even if the fault relates to a bulletin, you'd be chargeable for the work.

Nick.

·
"Red One.."
2,973 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.