Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
278 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I noticed the other day that my painwork has got loads of swirl marks all over it. I thought it was because I hadn't polished it for 4 weeks so I did but ther still there.

Does anybody know of a product that will remove these marks and leave my paint nice and shiny.

Cheers

·
Registered
488 Posts
2400 grit wet and dry, then T-Cut, then wax, sorted. Watch the edges with the wet and dry, you dont want to take off to much. Good time to fill in stone chips. Proper polishing cloths and pads are a must.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
the 2400 wet and dry is definately the best idea, keep the paper wet and clean just do a little bit at a time, and dont rub too hard, your off to a good start with your car being white, makes it a littly easer imo. try somewhere inconspicuous first, like a door check to get a feel for it.

·
Up For The Craic
11,054 Posts
If it is just Swirl marks there is no need to go at it with harsh abrasives like 2400 or worst T-Cut!

Use something like Meguiars Sctatch-X or Auto Glym Paint Renovator!

T-Cut is bad news! You should not to use any product containing ammonia as this destroys the paintwork rather than improves it.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
If it is just Swirl marks there is no need to go at it with harsh abrasives like 2400 or worst T-Cut!

Use something like Meguiars Sctatch-X or Auto Glym Paint Renovator!

T-Cut is bad news! You should not to use any product containing ammonia as this destroys the paintwork rather than improves it.
hmm i would completely disagree. lol.

while all those t-cut colour magic stuff rly is rubbish, original tcut works. and all 3M products for example Hand Glaze, Finesse-It,and Super-Grit cutting compound which are used in bodyshops accross the country and all contain ammonia.

aggreed they thin paintwork, but that is waht they are designed to do so as to remove static from freshly painted surfaces, particularly plastics, and scratches as far as possible.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
2400 grit wet and dry, then T-Cut, then wax, sorted. Watch the edges with the wet and dry, you dont want to take off to much. Good time to fill in stone chips. Proper polishing cloths and pads are a must.
works a treat, front end of my cav is unreal.. just need to finish it off... :shame:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts