Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and interestingly looking at how it played out the pharmaceuticals made an absolute mint. . .

Follow the money I say.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
My question is if it is as bad as they say why do they need to redefine what is meant by a person who is hospitalized, a person who has Covid versus someone who has died with Covid, why is the message constantly changing from flatten the curve to save our NHS to tackle Covid to eliminate it?

Sorry guys it is just a rant but I smell a rat.

·
Super Moderator
26,969 Posts
My question is if it is as bad as they say why do they need to redefine what is meant by a person who is hospitalized, a person who has Covid versus someone who has died with Covid, why is the message constantly changing from flatten the curve to save our NHS to tackle Covid to eliminate it?

Sorry guys it is just a rant but I smell a rat.
If you can smell a rat you’ve not got Covid-19 lol 😂

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Thing is, and I am not saying you are wrong, if it is a rat then it is a world wide rat and I cannot see why the whole world would try to scam the world's population. I do think that money is the deciding factor in all of this to be honest. Far more people are dying of other non-covid related illnesses because they cannot get treatment, cancer, heart disease, flu, old age, yeah yeah I know no treatment for old age that is part of life, etc etc. Seems to me as well that Boris doesn't take the advice of his "experts" BECAUSE it will impact his pocket and the economy. Bottom line though, like Russia, China, North Korea and a few other, um no EVERY country in the world at the moment, we have to obey our lords and masters, don't we? My own take in this is that money isn't that important when milions, if not billions, of lives are at risk.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thing is, and I am not saying you are wrong, if it is a rat then it is a world wide rat and I cannot see why the whole world would try to scam the world's population. I do think that money is the deciding factor in all of this to be honest. Far more people are dying of other non-covid related illnesses because they cannot get treatment, cancer, heart disease, flu, old age, yeah yeah I know no treatment for old age that is part of life, etc etc. Seems to me as well that Boris doesn't take the advice of his "experts" BECAUSE it will impact his pocket and the economy. Bottom line though, like Russia, China, North Korea and a few other, um no EVERY country in the world at the moment, we have to obey our lords and masters, don't we? My own take in this is that money isn't that important when milions, if not billions, of lives are at risk.
This is what I fear as the ones in charge may be wrong . . .

·
Super Moderator
26,969 Posts
This is what I fear as the ones in charge may be wrong . . .
You’ve got to hold onto reality & not get sucked into to all these other avenues of why we’re having to go through all this.
If there was another way the whole world would be doing it , but there isn’t.
This is a silent fast moving disease & I’m speaking from experience , hopefully you’ll never catch it but I’m seeing the trouble it wreaks on a personal level.

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,110 Posts
Part of what Fred said is the key to it. It's fast moving. Unchecked, the R rate would be between 2 and 3. It's different to the flu. In fact, it's very different. Yes, you may get similar symptoms, but that doesn't tell the story of the damage it does once you have it and how quickly it would spread without being kept in check with lockdowns, isolation, distancing etc.

There are so many plates that those in power have to spin and I do not envy them one bit.

·
Likes this.
11,189 Posts
Part of what Fred said is the key to it. It's fast moving. Unchecked, the R rate would be between 2 and 3. It's different to the flu. In fact, it's very different. Yes, you may get similar symptoms, but that doesn't tell the story of the damage it does once you have it and how quickly it would spread without being kept in check with lockdowns, isolation, distancing etc.

There are so many plates that those in power have to spin and I do not envy them one bit.
That's it in a nutshell. It's most definitely NOT the flu and it spreads so much faster if left unchecked.

I'm also quite concerned about this "Long Covid" that is only just being discovered - where healthy people that have survived the initial Covid infection with minimal symptoms are now struggling to do ANYTHING that involves any exertion whatsoever.

Again, it's not happening to everyone that catches it - but is still somewhat concerning.....

·
CavWeb Hooker
8,110 Posts
@SteveW I have that concern as well. Mainly because I like running and cycling and the thought of stairs being a genuine challenge is a genuine worry. I've read about ex-GB gymnasts who were previously extremely fit, she caught it and now can just about manage to walk about.

There are some very worrying longer-term effects that are just coming to the surface and I'd rather not catch Covid on the off-chance that I have these complications.

·
Premium Member
385 Posts
Okay it isn't the flu BUT far and away more people are dying of other diseases, including the flu, because our, already on it's knees, NHS is not treating an awful lot patients with other deadly illnesses. Old people from care homes are being sent to hospitals when they test positive and then sent back to the care homes or not sent anywhere at all as was the case when my mother in law tested positive. I'm sorry but whilst trying very very very hard NOT to be "sucked into all these other avenues" the powers that be make that an extremely difficult thing to avoid. Especially when the trump and almost everybody in the White House claim to have or had covid but all seem to recover PDQ. At least now the powers that be appear to be opening these, so far, utterly utterly unused Nightingale hospitals. As I say it is very very very easy to be "sucked in" when our, so called leaders are displaying a complete lack of leadership and reliability to the point that when their experts tell them something needs to be done they, apparently, ignore that advice. Track and trace, that personally I cannot see the point of, doesn't work. PPE issues are still not fully resolved etc etc etc etc etc. As I say it is extremely difficult not to get "sucked in." Anyway "sucked in" or not we have to obey the masters so I will but under duress.

·
Super Moderator
26,969 Posts
Okay it isn't the flu BUT far and away more people are dying of other diseases, including the flu, because our, already on it's knees, NHS is not treating an awful lot patients with other deadly illnesses. Old people from care homes are being sent to hospitals when they test positive and then sent back to the care homes or not sent anywhere at all as was the case when my mother in law tested positive. I'm sorry but whilst trying very very very hard NOT to be "sucked into all these other avenues" the powers that be make that an extremely difficult thing to avoid. Especially when the trump and almost everybody in the White House claim to have or had covid but all seem to recover PDQ. At least now the powers that be appear to be opening these, so far, utterly utterly unused Nightingale hospitals. As I say it is very very very easy to be "sucked in" when our, so called leaders are displaying a complete lack of leadership and reliability to the point that when their experts tell them something needs to be done they, apparently, ignore that advice. Track and trace, that personally I cannot see the point of, doesn't work. PPE issues are still not fully resolved etc etc etc etc etc. As I say it is extremely difficult not to get "sucked in." Anyway "sucked in" or not we have to obey the masters so I will but under duress.
I wouldn’t trust what Donald the Orange says about his quick slight touch with the virus , he must have every Covid -19 drug available running through his veins.
It wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t testing untried drugs just in case that drug fixed him , i can just see him now , “ what a wonderful thing this China-virus is , i mean like I’ve never felt so good , Superman should just give me his cape & i tell ya , I’m good to go “
As for him saying he’s ready to give everyone a big wet sloppy kiss ........................................ form orderly queue folks lol 😂😂😂

Reactions: andy_v

·
"Red One.."
2,876 Posts
My slant is that over anything, all these things this year are turning people against each other. I think we all have to be mindful of current events, but not to get dragged into it at the same time as negativity is only ever going to result - especially as a side effect this all has on our immune system too. The media storm and daily unfoldings are only going to fuel this.

I have my own opinions on it all, but I equally respect that everyone else will have theirs too. What I do know is that fear (of any virus, OR just fear of consequences) does not serve us well, and while the powers that be seem to be insistent in keeping us locked in a fear state I think it's important we try and let that go.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Fred I totally understand your point but. . .

You’ve got to hold onto reality & not get sucked into to all these other avenues of why we’re having to go through all this.

After reading their official statements and watching it change, after looking at the obvious suppression of alternatives I think its wise to start questioning this.

Vitamin D, Zink and Hydrocloxycloroquine (or how ever you spell it), heard immunity (media claimed it was debunked and now are admitting its a viable option), Florida has experimented without face masks and have on their populous shown the masks and lock down does not work. etc. . .

There are alternatives out there, its not like all scientists agree, the problem is that the state has decided on eradicating or what ever the aim is now which is not possible.

Cost benefit analysis is key, even the W.H.O is saying the lockdown is not the right way to go forward.

This is a silent fast moving disease & I’m speaking from experience , hopefully you’ll never catch it but I’m seeing the trouble it wreaks on a personal level.

I have close family network that are suffering depression, some have lost marriages and are forced to go through covid lockdown without family support, others are facing financial hardship to the point they will have to soon sell their family home, some have been prevented from attending their spouses funeral even though they had been married for over 30 years. This is truly heartbreaking and makes me reiterate my point, cost benefit analysis, its not worth saving 5000 lives if it costs you 100 000 lives to do so, let alone the economy.

Remember this whole thing was based on a model that predicted over 50 000 deaths and now we have something like 80, majority of which are people who are over 85 and have other underline issues.

The response to this virus has been a choice and now in October is beyond doubt is the wrong one.

The real pain of debt repayment is still yet to come when taxes need to be raised significantly to repay this particular choice. . . if like Cameroon, you are faced with either Covid or starving to death I think people will look at Covid very differently. I just hope we change direction very soon before we cross that bridge where funding the NHS will be out of the question and we will see how many doctors and nurses would be willing to work for free. . .

Sorry, I am starting a war again arent I?

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
My slant is that over anything, all these things this year are turning people against each other. I think we all have to be mindful of current events, but not to get dragged into it at the same time as negativity is only ever going to result - especially as a side effect this all has on our immune system too. The media storm and daily unfoldings are only going to fuel this.

I have my own opinions on it all, but I equally respect that everyone else will have theirs too. What I do know is that fear (of any virus, OR just fear of consequences) does not serve us well, and while the powers that be seem to be insistent in keeping us locked in a fear state I think it's important we try and let that go.
Thats all well and good but we are compelled to follow their advice or face heavy fines. A pub was finned 10k for serving after 10pm but at the same time the bar at the house of parliament is given exemption. We are not all in this together which causes resentment. . .

If Edna was the prime minister I would say all the healthy should go back to normal, the vulnerable should self isolate and just use common sense. Dont you agree this would be a better way forward than now?

·
Super Moderator
26,969 Posts
Fred I totally understand your point but. . .

After reading their official statements and watching it change, after looking at the obvious suppression of alternatives I think its wise to start questioning this.

Vitamin D, Zink and Hydrocloxycloroquine (or how ever you spell it), heard immunity (media claimed it was debunked and now are admitting its a viable option), Florida has experimented without face masks and have on their populous shown the masks and lock down does not work. etc. . .

There are alternatives out there, its not like all scientists agree, the problem is that the state has decided on eradicating or what ever the aim is now which is not possible.

Cost benefit analysis is key, even the W.H.O is saying the lockdown is not the right way to go forward.

I have close family network that are suffering depression, some have lost marriages and are forced to go through covid lockdown without family support, others are facing financial hardship to the point they will have to soon sell their family home, some have been prevented from attending their spouses funeral even though they had been married for over 30 years. This is truly heartbreaking and makes me reiterate my point, cost benefit analysis, its not worth saving 5000 lives if it costs you 100 000 lives to do so, let alone the economy.

Remember this whole thing was based on a model that predicted over 50 000 deaths and now we have something like 80, majority of which are people who are over 85 and have other underline issues.

The response to this virus has been a choice and now in October is beyond doubt is the wrong one.

The real pain of debt repayment is still yet to come when taxes need to be raised significantly to repay this particular choice. . . if like Cameroon, you are faced with either Covid or starving to death I think people will look at Covid very differently. I just hope we change direction very soon before we cross that bridge where funding the NHS will be out of the

Sorry, I am starting a war again arent I?
You are & then the thread gets cut off.
just watched Sir Kier press for a 3 week lockdown to get virus back in check.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I wouldn’t trust what Donald the Orange says about his quick slight touch with the virus , he must have every Covid -19 drug available running through his veins.
It wouldn’t surprise me if he wasn’t testing untried drugs just in case that drug fixed him , i can just see him now , “ what a wonderful thing this China-virus is , i mean like I’ve never felt so good , Superman should just give me his cape & i tell ya , I’m good to go “
As for him saying he’s ready to give everyone a big wet sloppy kiss ........................................ form orderly queue folks lol 😂😂😂
But one thing I do agree with Donald Trump is his message, dont be afraid and dont let this rule your life. I think that is good advice. Otherwise we will sleep walk into a society where people will be forced to do what the government wants. . .

·
Super Moderator
26,969 Posts
Thats all well and good but we are compelled to follow their advice or face heavy fines. A pub was finned 10k for serving after 10pm but at the same time the bar at the house of parliament is given exemption. We are not all in this together which causes resentment. . .

If Edna was the prime minister I would say all the healthy should go back to normal, the vulnerable should self isolate and just use common sense. Dont you agree this would be a better way forward than now?
No that’s not workable , my mums 77 & she won’t be locked in & confined to barracks.

·
Premium Member
1,028 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I totally agree with the old age scandal, that was and still is a complete mess but I dont agree that the NHS is on its knees. We all saw those dancing nurses videos. . .

I really fear the track and trace, I cant see them getting rid of this information after covid. . .

1 - 20 of 67 Posts