Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Electric heated leather interior...apparently you need to do something to stop the gas in the power seats discharging, a tag or summat???

Anyone done this and know what to do?? :bananasmi

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Cool, will have a look tomorrow :)

·
There is no replacement for displacement
2,175 Posts
Yup, make sure you have the red clip in to avoid broken arms.
Or a seat runner in the nuts.
:eek: :boff :cry:

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I guess I have to find a red clip first....although having a seat runner in your nuts sounds rather painful too!

·
Premium Member
6,551 Posts
The clips in my seats were yellow

They're just plastic clips on the pre-tensioners, which are on the opposite side of the seat belts.

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Just looked and I have one on the Omega Leather interior seats I have, so can always nab one from there....woohooo P.S. anyone want very good condition Omega leather seats?

·
Premium Member
2,524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Just looked at the leather seats in the cav I bought and they arent electric anyway, so no clips to worry about,...straight forward swap over :D

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Just looked at the leather seats in the cav I bought and they arent electric anyway, so no clips to worry about,...straight forward swap over :D
Not quite. Are you planning on fitting the leather seats from the CDX into your GSi? If so, you will come across a problem. The fronts can be sorted by exchanging seat rails, but the rear split bench won't fit. You need a one piece type from a Turbo due to the IRS mate.

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
They still have pretensioners though, the gas is not for elecy seats!!!

The red clip should be there on the back of the tensioner, you just slot it in. Once you remove the cover it will become clear:up:

But you do realise the CDX rear seats wont fit your GSI.....

·
Premium Member
12,918 Posts
Easiest way to see if you have pretensioners is look at your buckle, if it is just a piece of metal and a buckle its standard buckle.

If the buckle looks like it has ridged plastic on it then it is pre-tensioner. You can also see the cylinder and the bowden cables for the seatbelt too. There is bit about it in the Haynes manual in the interior fitting/refitting section, chapter 12 iirc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts