Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok you clever lot, need a hand here. Have ordered a new fuel tank (the saga of my poor Cav continues :eh ) for my 1.7TD and it's due to arrive either today or tomorrow.

Anyone know how to remove the old one and replace with the new ?. I've done a petrol Astra a few years back for my sister but never a diesel and I really don't want to mess it up.

Thanks to all you kind folks :bananasmi .

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
never done a cav td, but ive done one on a 1.6 and and a 1.8. dunno if its the same tho. watch the straps, they are easy broken at times, and you cant get new ones, i had to make one!

·
Registered
56 Posts
done a 1800 petrol last year,got my mate to give a hand its alot easier,make sure the send and return pipes go on the correct pipe on the tank,apart from that i found there all basically the same,the straps as stuart said are liable to break,but with a diesel they dont tend to corrode as much.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
kevtherev said:
done a 1800 petrol last year,got my mate to give a hand its alot easier,make sure the send and return pipes go on the correct pipe on the tank,apart from that i found there all basically the same,the straps as stuart said are liable to break,but with a diesel they dont tend to corrode as much.
not meaning to hi jack this thread but when you did the tank kev, did you notice that the rubbers that sit on the staps and supposedly support the tank are dam near impossible to put back on?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts