Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got the car back - report is as follows:-

On Vauxhall Technical Support instructions :-

Reprogrammed ECU

Changed ECU.

Put old ECU back on.

Induced faults - removed faults and by a process of elimination narrowed it down to Cam Sensor.

Replaced Cam Sensor - can't reproduce the fault.

:Cool2: Two and a half days work + parts courtesey of Vauxhall.

:eh I've just thought, I'm going to the supermarket on Saturday.

T

·
0 Posts
Auto Addict said:
Just got the car back - report is as follows:-

On Vauxhall Technical Support instructions :-

Reprogrammed ECU

Changed ECU.

Put old ECU back on.

Induced faults - removed faults and by a process of elimination narrowed it down to Cam Sensor.

Replaced Cam Sensor - can't reproduce the fault.

:Cool2: Two and a half days work + parts courtesey of Vauxhall.

:eh I've just thought, I'm going to the supermarket on Saturday.
Hope its now sorted for you mate.....but i gotta laugh at the changed ECU bit......even when their paying for it....its still "Lets change the ECU, bet that will fix it" :lmao:
But I bet they wouldnt have put the old one back in if Joe Bloggs was paying for it!

·
Registered
203 Posts
Well AA, The best of luck, hope your problem is now cured. When i had tech2 put on it also came up with "cam censor" put new one on and i must admit it cured some of the problem but not completely. got to get tech2 again to clear and update the ecu, but the chap that does it can't get to me till the end of next week! What happens now is it has/must fire & start first turn of the key otherwise if it turns over 3/4 times the spanner light come on?..................... I don't know Car's, who's in control them or us ??

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
RoVic said:
Well AA, The best of luck, hope your problem is now cured. When i had tech2 put on it also came up with "cam censor" put new one on and i must admit it cured some of the problem but not completely. got to get tech2 again to clear and update the ecu, but the chap that does it can't get to me till the end of next week! What happens now is it has/must fire & start first turn of the key otherwise if it turns over 3/4 times the spanner light come on?..................... I don't know Car's, who's in control them or us ??
I'm off to the Supermarket tomorrow - will keep you posted.

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Been doing some further research.

There is a known issue with the Y22SE, this one is interesting:

Field Remedy 1572

Subject: ECU and Immobilizer - Engine does not start sporadically, P1613 is set
Models/Engines/Option: Omega-B 2000/Y22XE/None
Complaint: In very seldom cases the engine does not start sporadically or start after a longer waiting period (up to 30 min), Trouble code P1613 set.
Cause: Communication error between ECU and Immobilizer.
Remedy:
In case of customer complaint install the Z22X ECU and programme datafile for Z22XE.
FunctionalGroup: J - Engine
Complaint Group: 04 - Electrical failures
Trouble Code: P1613

So basicaly Vauxhall are admiting to faults with the ECU and fitting a different varient!

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mark - that is brilliant - thank you very much.

Are you saying the remedy they have taken will not cure the fault?

Hang on a minute my engine is the Z22XE not the Y22XE so it must have the Z22X ECU and the datafile for Z22XE has it not?

M

·
0 Posts
Marks DTM Calib said:
Been doing some further research.

There is a known issue with the Y22SE, this one is interesting:

Field Remedy 1572

Subject: ECU and Immobilizer - Engine does not start sporadically, P1613 is set
Models/Engines/Option: Omega-B 2000/Y22XE/None
Complaint: In very seldom cases the engine does not start sporadically or start after a longer waiting period (up to 30 min), Trouble code P1613 set.
Cause: Communication error between ECU and Immobilizer.
Remedy:
In case of customer complaint install the Z22X ECU and programme datafile for Z22XE.
Complaint Group: 04 - Electrical failures
Trouble Code: P1613

So basicaly Vauxhall are admiting to faults with the ECU and fitting a different varient!
Is this ECU or firmware on the ECU?

·
Omega Tank Commander
7,722 Posts
Heres another interesting one:

Field Remedy 1709
Z22XE - Engine control indicator flashes ocassionally, DTC P0325 (8) set
Models/Engines/Option:Omega-B 2001...2003/Z22XE/None
Complaint: Engine control indicator flashes, trouble code P0325 (8) is set as not present. No driveability complaints.
Cause: ECU software weakness

Remedy:
In case of customer complaint, reprogram ECU with improved software as of
TIS 2000 CD49.
Complaint Group: 23 - Wrong Indication

For info P0325 is the knock sensor

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Mark - as far as I am aware - the ECU has been reprogrammed several times with the latest software.

I think I'm going for a lie down in a dark room.:eh

·
Registered
203 Posts
Hang on................. Y 22 XE. Now I'm totally & utterly confused............. :lmao: :lmao: So where do i go from here :lmao: :lmao:

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
To recap on the exact problem.

Car always starts first time when cold.

When car has been driven and allowed to cool, not go cold, sometimes, but not always, I have to hold the key to turn it over several times before it starts.

It would seem to me that it is sensing it needs a richer mixture to start it as something is saying 'the engine is cold' - or am I barking up the wrong tree. (Might be having a senior moment).

·
Registered
203 Posts
Mine was doing the same thing. But having fitted the new cam-censor it will now only start if it fires on 1st spin of the engine if it spins over 3/4 times then starts the spanner light comes on i then have to stop & re-start in oder for the light to go out!!!!!!!!!!!

T

·
0 Posts
Auto Addict said:
To recap on the exact problem.

Car always starts first time when cold.

When car has been driven and allowed to cool, not go cold, sometimes, but not always, I have to hold the key to turn it over several times before it starts.

It would seem to me that it is sensing it needs a richer mixture to start it as something is saying 'the engine is cold' - or am I barking up the wrong tree. (Might be having a senior moment).
Mines done that before as well.....its also started 1st time, put the spanner light on and gone into 'limp mode home' mode....a restart has got round the prob.
However as mines been converted to lpg i am confused to the prob....as im sure if i take it to vx they will blame it on the lpg conversion.
Its had the ecu for the lpg reprogrammed this week....to try to cure a prob on lpg... a couple of times its refused to switch to lpg....diagnosed as lpg ecu shutting down....so will have to wait and see if that prob has been fixed.
Conclusion....'Next time buy a dual fuel vx done conversion omega (even tho thats like trying to find a needle in a haystack) then it will be all up to vx to fix probs and save me the headache of trying to work out is this a lpg prob or a genuine engine prob' ....if the omega is still under warranty of course.

T

·
0 Posts
Auto Addict said:
That's what mine was doing BEFORE they fitted the new cam sensor - time will tell.
Its supermarket day!!.....Let us all know what happens :Cool2:

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
I am glad to hear the problem is now resolved… but with the benefit of hind-sight, would it not have been far easier, instead of going through this entire ordeal with Vauxhall, to simply use another supermarket? :lmao:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts