Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anyones had these done and what they thought of the improvements.

i plan to get performance manifold, downpipe and decat for my car as well as getting a decent panel filter. Those alone should free up quite a few horses.. im just wondering what i should expect over the top of that from a superchip.

courtenay quote around a 10bhp increase on the ecotec.. and that seems not bad for all of £290.

·
VXON's middle-aged lesbian.
28,788 Posts
I had one on my XE Nova.

It was smooth and revved to stupid RPM,.......................all a bit pointless really.

·
28,788 Posts
shrink said:
still.. improvements in throttle response and the possibility of extra torque seem good.
Where did you get THAT idea?............in my experience, they don't.

C

·
0 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
Where did you get THAT idea?............in my experience, they don't.
Experience doesn't come into it, it's what the ad says that matters .............;)

C

·
0 Posts
shrink said:
was raeding up on what courtenay have to say about it.. they posted up a before and after graph of a cav V6... improvements seemed noticeable if not night and day.
Bought a suspension kit from them for a cav sri. Said it was suited to the crap British roads.
Fronts kept bottoming out - well suited then.

·
28,788 Posts
CallyT said:
Experience doesn't come into it, it's what the ad says that matters .............;)
:lmao: Somebody's falling for clever marketing it would appear ;)

C

·
0 Posts
shrink said:
hmm just i was discussing this with dazzi and he had enough good things to say about them

surely they have a better effect if you have already made other mods... e.g throwing one onto a totaly standard car aint gonna do a whole lot of anything.
If you've done mods the chip won't be set up to benefit from them.

C

·
0 Posts
shrink said:
surely it would be if you add the chip as your last thing.... thats kinda the point aint it?
How does the chip know you've altered your engine from standard (which it will be set up for) ?

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
shrink said:
surely it would be if you add the chip as your last thing.... thats kinda the point aint it?
i thought superchips were like a off the shelf thing, made for the engine but not tuned to the mods you have,

a unichip on the other hand is tuned for your car? i am prob wrong tho,

·
28,788 Posts
A 10% gain on a 136bhp Ecotec would bring it to 150bhp..............not gonna happen.

If in fantasy land it COULD happen, then £290 is more expensive than dropping a £200 XE in instead.

·
Registered
6,771 Posts
Dan Gliballs said:
If in fantasy land it COULD happen, then £290 is more expensive than dropping a £200 XE in instead.
not when you take into account labour and insurance increase ;)

·
**VxON Photographer of the year 2008***
4,289 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
id expect just a completely performance oriented exhaust system from manifold straight through to back box to bring an ecotec to at least the mid 140bhps anyway... so if the likes of a uni chip got me to mid 150's as part of all the other mods being done.. id be more than happy.

·
28,788 Posts
Andy R said:
not when you take into account labour and insurance increase ;)
Everybody has mates to help for cups of tea surely?

C

·
0 Posts
shrink said:
are all superchips standard then? maybe im confusing matters with custom remaps of uni chips and the like.. where your cars current mods etc are taken into account?

are those a better bet?
SUperchip will be for the masses, non specific, so hit and miss really.
A chip tuned to your engine is a much better bet.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts