Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

My Zaffy B sounds little noisy in the mornings, but this may just be a cold start. But, when I lifted the oil cap this morning I found the idle to change a lot where the car almost stalled until it 'caught' itself. I gather this is perfectly normal because it's allowing unmetered air into a metered system.

The thing I want to check though is how much suction there should be from the oil cap. Various forum posts (on here and other places) say different things - some say it's right that there is some kind of vacuum, but others say it's terminal and the car has 5 miles left of life in it! Mine isn't horrendous, but it will pull the cap out of my fingers when it's a couple of millimetres above the opening. The same goes for the dipstick, it will pull the dipstick down when it's a couple of mill out of the tube.

I've attached a YouTube video of someone else's doing exactly the same thing - what's the verdict? Terminal, or not significant?

·
Premium Member
3,540 Posts
Have you checked the engine breather pipe for blockage, it might be worth checking out.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts