Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Ok i'm pretty sure the CAT/downpipe has developed a small leak on my 2.2 Omega. But not exactly sure or should i say i havent pin pointed the leak exactly !
The noise is noticable especially on start up, and isnt getting any better as time goes on.

Spoke to Bosal exhausts and they dont do a flexable reapir section for this assembly but do manufacture a pattern CAT ! I was just about to order Bosals CAT when i noticed there little drawing looked like it had only one CAT on it !
The original Vauxhall CAT/downpipe has two ( main CAT and starter CAT) and obviously 2 Lamba sensors!

Bloke at Bosal Technical Dept went all quiet when i told him my system had these features, as there's has only one CAT chamber and one fixing for a Lamba sensor ! " Where do i shove the other Lamba sensor " i asked !!!
"Urmmmmmmmmm dunno" was the reply !!! Looks like Mr Bosal have screwed up here BIG time unless any of you know differently !!

OK , thats no bloody good then i thought to my self !!! I'll ring the nice Vauxhall garage and ask for a trade price on a CAT for my 2.2 !!!!
Ermmmmmmmmmm , ERMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM i wish i hadnt !!!
Even with there Trade exchange on the CAT the cheapest price i can get is - - - - - -- wait for it - - - - - - - £625 , ermmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm what part of you must be f**king joking dont you understand !!!!

Dont suppose anyone on here knows of a 2.2 petrol saloon being broken do you !!!!! Or any other way of getting round this problem !!!

Cheers

Mark

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Urmmmmmmmm, clever Jack lololoolloolll !!!
Dependant if rotten or split on servicable part of CAT mate, if its around the flexable part i'm knackered !
Will have a better look this weekend, as i cant get my arm far enough under the car to actually feel where its blowing without jacking it up

Mark

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
So here's a canny plan;) :

Go to your local Tyres-Exhaust-Brakes type garage, the national chain ones (QuickFit, ATS, National... or better still MasterFit as they are part of Vauxhall), tell them you think you have a leak from 'somewhere' in the exhaust, and then get them to lift the car and inspect it while-u-watch. They will quote you :shake ££££££££££££££££££££:shake to which you will say I'll-think-about-it:down: , and you will have had a good close look at the underside without crawling under the contraption:nana2: ! Now how's that for a plan:Cool2: ?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice one, but i think i might be at the point of punching someone if they quoted me over £100 !! ans then say " i'll think about it "

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
No i didnt this time due to the fact that Vauxhall wanted the best part of £600 ++++++, so even with a slight discount it would still be nasty !!

Heyyyyyy BUT i did manage to locate an " own brand" of replacement Cat @ www.buypartsby.co.uk, at £209 delivered ! 2 year gurantee, and application for 2 Lambda sensors !!

Mark

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi Mark, urmmmmmmmm dunno about that one mate, i was advised by them and Bosal that the repair section will not fot the 2.2 !!!
I suspect the pipe diameter is larger !!! At 20 odd quid for the repair section and also being told it wont fit, its a gamble maybe worth not taking unless of course anyone knows different.

Overall, this replacement CAT is bloody good value at £209 delivered to my door, as long as it last for more than the 2 year gurantee of course !!

Mark

1 - 9 of 9 Posts