Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my calibra makes banging noises now and again espicaly over bumps almost sure its the strup top mounting rubbers anyone know any websites that sell them. been offered 2 that fit a Carlton, Senator, Omega any1 know if they are the same as calibra ones

kind regards
james

·
Kind of a big deal......
6,540 Posts
Hi, welcome to VxON :)

No they arent the same, best place is either your local motor factors or Ebay ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Just ordered a pair of Strut mountings and bearings from VX Dealer at about £35 after discount for the better halfs Cav SRi. Id rather pay the price and know when I strip it all to do the suspension i have the right bits for the job and 35 quid aint much really for the right bits and peace of mind.

·
Premium Member
31,467 Posts
Before purchasing some suspension top bearings, i'd make sure its that which is causing your problems. It could be a number of things.

Do you only get this banging you mention when yuo go over speed bumps.? How fast are you going over them.? Does it happen when you apply the brakes, what about cornering?

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Had this when the thread stripped in the rear bolts of the subframe. Has it been removed at all? Gearbox change?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts