Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Well hope someone can help with this as I have tried as many things as I can.

This does not always happen and most of the time the car is OK. Normally when its cold if you drive away you will notice it more. Leave it to warm up for 10 - 15 mins seems OK, but has had the revs surging on some occasions or just seems to idle around 1500 rpm when still in traffic. Also notice when pressing the clutch you see the rpm raise and drop down even though not touching accelerator pedal.

Things I have already tried: Cleaned Throttle Body of any gunk.
Breather Hoses to Cam
check coolant hoses but don't think they are relevant. As not seeing any overheating issues

Replaced All Spark Plugs

Replaced Coil Pack

Replaced Engine Oil and Filter

Replaced Air Filter

Recently Replaced thermostat as top pipe corroded and snapped off.....common thing apparently

NO EGR on this it has a blanking plate

One thing I did notice was the breather coming from the purge valve pipe from the air box.

The rubber part did have a split on the outer part of the connector but goes on pretty tight.

Not checked if the Purge Valve is stuck open yet but was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

Searched high and low all over different forums and most say dirty throttle body...

·
Premium Member
2,112 Posts
Have you had it plugged in to see if there's any fault codes (opcom is great bit of kit for this).
What's the engine code.
When you say the purge valve pipe has a spilt this could be the problem due the fumes from the engine normally pressurerised escaping in to the atmosphere. This could also put the emissions light on

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply...

Yeah had it plugged in and no codes at all. Only last code that was in the ECU was P0030 and multiple misfire...

All plugs replaced and new coil pack codes gone away

I might get some vacuum hose and plug it off and see if that helps.

I know the purge valve only opens when engine is warm from what I understand... but this is more noticeable when on a cold start.

·
Premium Member
3,184 Posts
Sounds like an air leak around the inlet manifold to me.....sometimes when you have what would be a stalling problem the idle control attempts to keep it going, resulting in a high or erratic idle seed...i would have good look between the MAF sensor and the inlet manifold for air leaks, including any vacuum hoses and brake servo etc....from Fred in Essex.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.