Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i have been Owner of Vauxhall Agila since 5 years amongst many things i have fixed or let someone else fix i have had a strange rattle from rear right changed Both rear shock absorbers also checked evrey single thing under the rear checked interior plastics secured them with tape addhisive and what not and still when i drive over small potholes there is this rattle that has made me crazy in search of how to find this noise and attempt to fix it so please if someone knows or has some thing relatted to this tread to poste it tommorow i will poste a video of the noise cus i dont have time now

·
Registered
Z12XE / Z19DT / B16DTH
450 Posts
Check the heat shield, over the rear exhaust silencer, hasn't corroded where the retaining bolts hold it onto the body. If it corrodes then it partially collapses onto the silencer and rattles when going through pot holes.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So i have been under the car and there is no heat shield i moved the exhaust but it dosen't touch anything btw the sound is like a slight knocking could it be in the brake drum ?
but i doubt it also if there are more people in back the noise is quieter

·
Premium Member
3,824 Posts
Have a good look at the handbrake cables, depending on which model of Agila you have, it could be a bracket loose or broken.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
its the older one had lot of problems recently yesterday the rear wiper fall down from the wiper rotor need to fix that soon cus its gonna snow next week also i think the termostat has failed dosen't hold temp after while this needs changing but its getting there hopefuly today change the grille cus it was broken on one side but for the noise i think its something in the right brake drum cus it started screaming when i stop

1 - 5 of 5 Posts