Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi - Just bought a 2016 Bi-turbo Vivaro and 90% of the time the messages "check stop start" & "hill start assistance" flash up (and orange spanner light on). Every now and again tho it rights itself. Had mate put computer on it but at the time problem wasn t showing and nothing logged in memory. I personally think its a loose contact somewhere but no idea where to look. Any ideas? Thanks guys

·
Registered
12 Posts
Have the exact same issue and there's lots of threads about this and no one has found the resolution yet. I did clean the MAF and that stopped it coming on for a few weeks but its back again now!

·
Premium Member
2,587 Posts
From what I have read about stop/start systems, the battery has to be in perfect condition for the system to work.
If the original poster's battery is the original, there is a good chance the battery capacity is below the threshold for the stop start to operate (even though it might still be sufficient to start the engine from cold).

Reactions: andy_v

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well since my original post - problem has gone to be replaced by service due light on so that may overide other messages. Is there an easy device to turn this off (other than taking it to a garage and be charged ££). Van was serviced when I picked it up but guess dealer never reset system

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
You can manually reset service light and interval. With Ignition on, but don't start engine, scroll with info buttons to Service Interval, then hold down
the top scroll button for a few seconds until the display shows 000, and let go, then press top scroll button to reset to 25,000 / months.
It works on mine. Hope this helps : )

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You can manually reset service light and interval. With Ignition on, but don't start engine, scroll with info buttons to Service Interval, then hold down
the top scroll button for a few seconds until the display shows 000, and let go, then press top scroll button to reset to 25,000 / months.
It works on mine. Hope this helps : )
You re a star!! That works! First time in 3 months with no orange spanner light!! Cheers!

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
Great, glad it worked.
While on the subject of service lights, after resetting service light, mine comes back on at around 12k, as we know the service intervals are 25k.
I've taken this up with Vauxhall, and they just say probably wasn't reset correctly. Even though there isn't a 12k option when resetting.
I wonder how many owners take their vans for a service, when technically it does't need it.
I never have and never will trust garages / dealerships.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Great, glad it worked.
While on the subject of service lights, after resetting service light, mine comes back on at around 12k, as we know the service intervals are 25k.
I've taken this up with Vauxhall, and they just say probably wasn't reset correctly. Even though there isn't a 12k option when resetting.
I wonder how many owners take their vans for a service, when technically it does't need it.
I never have and never will trust garages / dealerships.
Absolutley with you about garages (especially main dealers). Was so good to drive yesterday with a clear dashboard! However now realised reversing lights (and sensors) stopped working! Think this van is gonna be a challenge........ (Had my old vivaro for 17 years with very little grief!)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts