Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, has anyone got any pics of after market steering wheels fitted to there mk3 cavs & how do you get around tne airbag light?

Many Thanks

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
or get 2 pins, solder some wire to them with a 10 amp fuse in a holder between

airbag light will come on and go out like it should

·
Registered
37 Posts
Jus bin lookin at posts an ave a prob. When I took airbag off threw away wire coil thing:shake . Kept horn push an wire. Didnt wire horn up. Mot up soon so need horn. Can I jus connect it backup? or do I need the wire coil thing:think . Thanks in advance.:Cool2:

·
Registered
94 Posts
Every thing.
They look for any excuse not to pay out. Hell, even a chrome gear knob is enough as it "makes a car attractive" to cars thieves...........

·
Respect mah authoritah!
4,994 Posts
if you have a serious accident the insurance would come up with any silly excuse to invalidate it. if its not standard you need to declare it.

went to re insure my car the once and my insurance went up, so i messed em around with mods, saying its not got the original engine oil, brake pads and discs etc, went through that to play em up up my insurance by £200 for no reason. apart from im older and extra no claims go figure.

why not fit a veccy steering wheel.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If u want a black dash spray it. Bit of a pain maskin stuff but better than takin it out an breakin stuff. Does it last or chip? Done mine 6-8 months ago still ok. Used halfords stuff seemed better than well known an cheaper. Jus went scrappy an got vent surrounds. If Id of takin it out would still be puttin it in:shame: .

·
Plastic Fantastic
2,424 Posts
Why would you want a steering wheel without an airbag?

As said, get a Vectra one

1 - 20 of 21 Posts