Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Right where to start?

I am planning on fitting a steering wheel with radio controls off a Vectra B onto my Vectra A.

When it comes to the wiring the controls from the wheel to my Blaupunkt Bremen I have the Blaupunkt interface RCI-4B and the interface cable for the Vectra B.

Interface cable normally used on the Vectra B

Blaupunkt interface RCI-4B

My question is this - can I just use the white plug and the 3 wires from it or do I need to connect the wires I bring from the steering wheel and use the full connector in the interface cable?

·
97% Mechanic
6,644 Posts
im lost Pete :lmao:

the only wire you need for the wheel controls from the B wheels is a blue/red wire which you connect to the wire which is the extra pin on the plug that connects to the car (top row has 4 pins as opposed to the other plug which has 3 in a row)

the grey wire usually goes to ignition but can be connected to the illumination as its only for the Leds in the switches

just use the whole interface etc which is what me and Nick (scharatz) done on his car when we wired one of these in. Saves getting mixed up when the wires are chopped off, its alot tidier too. (it does look like theres a resistor on the white plug on the adaptor anyway)

The only down side is it only works with ign on if your radio is wired permantly on

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well that 4th pin is the yellow going to the white plug for the interface. However just thinking about it the interface need power hence the red and black wires so might as well use the full cable I suppose.

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well I have the puller but no wheel yet - fecking thing must be doing an Ian Botham on it! :rolleyes:

I was admiring your handywork the last time I was driving Nicks car in Northampton ;)

·
Up For The Craic
11,050 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
First of all can the Ripspeed be controled by the steering wheel controls? Not all head units have this facility! If it has it's just a simple case of getting the correct interface and cable.

I know nothing about Ripspeed so I can't tell you what you may need.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts