Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Slight play on my steering rack - is this serious or can I wait for better weather?

How much should I expect to pay for a steering rack?

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
Envoy CDX said:
Slight play on my steering rack - is this serious or can I wait for better weather?

How much should I expect to pay for a steering rack?

in what way do you mean play?

if you have pas then they will me more expensive, but a scrappy should be ableto sort you out.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stuart002 said:
in what way do you mean play?

if you have pas then they will me more expensive, but a scrappy should be ableto sort you out.
Requires a little bit more of a turn to move the wheels, its extremely slight, but seems to allow wheel movement at high speeds - not sure if thats down to balancig / tracking also.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
its the joint at the bottom of the column that has the play in it and causes play in the steering wheel before having any effect. i wouldnt worry unless it gets bad, i once saw a corsa tha was that bad, you almost got an extra half turn of the steering wheel. lolsit with the car stationalry, and look out of the window, rock the steering wheel gently, is exessive 'rocking' (sorry for crap description) required to move wheels? if it is like a vibration you are getting at speed, this is more likely wheel balancing, car pulling to left or right usually means tracking.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had wheels balanced and it still does it :( tracking was done on Saturday :(

Almost ready to turn the car into a washing machine :(

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
Envoy CDX said:
had wheels balanced and it still does it :( tracking was done on Saturday :(

Almost ready to turn the car into a washing machine :(
dont do that.:lmao: never seen a vauxhall zanussi before. :lmao: what are the wishbone bushes like? this car cause road wandering too.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I need a garage / warm weather and some time off.. awaiting confirmation of the latter.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
stuart002 said:
if the weather with you is anything like it is in scotland you may be waiting a while!!
Seems to be snowish, I have just managed to book long weekend :D anyone wanna come and give me a hand fixing all the little bits that need doing before I send it for rear arches to be put in?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts