Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Awhile ago I was looking into my engine stat, the error codes saying low voltage, I am going to check the connection later on today - as that error code would imply it's not failed but seems to have a bad contact or even a fuse (although I can't find it).

Thoughts - no far it's causing a problem with the engine or temperature, but as I look at servicing the car I am thinking I will drop the coolant and change the stat out anyway just poking around for ideas. A guide on how to bleed the air out would help for when I come to refill it - or is it just a case of filling up and waiting for the air to vacate

Also where the frig is the cabin filter and how do I get it out?

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts
They don't fit an XE engine to the Zafira B,with that code it'll be an XEP or XE1 ,
the fault is usually due to the inbuilt stat heater going open circuit rather than a wiring or fuse (FE26) problem
If you do change the stat i'd recommend a genuine or oem one as most of the aftermarket ones are rubbish.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's the route I was going down with OEM parts.... I will inspect it though but no difference in air vent temps at usual temp 105 ish (monitored by obdm)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts
That's the route I was going down with OEM parts.... I will inspect it though but no difference in air vent temps at usual temp 105 ish (monitored by obdm)

No there won't be if the stat itself is working ok,
the heater is controlled by the ecm and is used to quickly open the stat when needed,like labouring up a hill etc
this gives a good explanation

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Aaah. Well just had a tinker, looks like the status gone with plug had some green and back marks (like shorting) although 12v at the plug so I think the stat gone least I know........

Tips on bleeding these coolant loops

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts
Gates isn't oem although they may well be oem re-boxed,this is the one i usually recommend
can't say i've had any trouble with specific bleeding on these and nothing specific on TIS

Start engine and allow to warm up
• Allow engine to warm up at idling speed of up to 2500 rpm until first radiator fan setting switches on
Note: The air in the cooling system is removed via the venting lines
Switch engine off and allow to cool
Check coolant level and top up coolant to "COLD" mark if necessary

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So to paraphrase,

Fill up the coolant, turn wngine on till fan kicks in, wait and top up as required, last time i bled a system was a 306 with manual bleed points

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts
i only ever worked on a 306 once,head off to do the valve seals,pita to bleed from what i remember

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i only ever worked on a 306 once,head off to do the valve seals,pita to bleed from what i remember
Exactly it's why I'm wondering if this will be.... But I assume it's as above

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hmmmmm following on from yesterday took car out for a drive and after spraying contact cleaner n the plug my light is now not on (will plug in when I get home) but looks like it's "fixed"

·
Worn Out Member
6,437 Posts
Result 👍

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Hahaha I wish it's back on so just gonna change it haha

·
Registered
122 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Done that and its the engine stat its intermittant got replacement to put on hopefully delivered today

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts