Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Vivaro 2.0 CDTI Sportive, Mazda 6 Skyactiv
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tried to start the van today, turned th key and nothing.
No clicking or attempting to turn over.
Seems like either the starter is stuck, or the relay or solenoid has failed.

I’ve searched google but can’t find where the relay or solenoid is, anyone know?

Also whereabouts is the starter so I can check the connections?

Battery is fine, everything else works fine even when trying to start the van.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I have a 2010, same van and it is Front End Off to get at the starter. You can do a good amount of testing at the relay. It will be in the box under the bonnet.

·
Worn Out Member
7,857 Posts
this is for a 2012 M9R but should be the same for relay position,fuses are FB6 (5a) and FC7 (10a)
Untitled picture.png

·
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got it bump started and down to the garage, it then started fine twice then the same again, so not a fuse.
It’s now a problem for the garage to sort!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Got it bump started and down to the garage, it then started fine twice then the same again, so not a fuse.
It’s now a problem for the garage to sort!
Sounds like brushes, probably sticking a little where some jarring from bump starting moved them into contact.

I wouldn't want to pay garage prices for a new starter. Brushes are a few ££, perhaps £10 or so.

It is possible there is no relay, the starting solenoid on the motor probably takes 40Amps or so.

·
610 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I agree with you, it’s likely to be something simple.
But I don’t have the time to sort it so instead I’ll probably face a large garage bill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I agree with you, it’s likely to be something simple.
But I don’t have the time to sort it so instead I’ll probably face a large garage bill.
So I have exactley the same senario as you going on with my vivaro starter... An update on what your final fix was at the garage would be greatley apreciated :) Thanks

1 - 11 of 11 Posts