Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Finally back on the road
2007 Zafira 1.9cdti (120)
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so not long ago just after buying my zafira I had to change the starter, upon stripping old one, Haynes said I need to unclip oil pipes from a braket attached to starter that wasnt there, thought nothing of it. Many swear words later I got the starter out to find the ends chewed up and soon realised that bracket was needed as a spacer. I've put the new one on with washers as a temp fix but struggles to start on first start, so does anyone know the name of said bracket and where I can get one?
Cheers.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Would it be number 37 in this picture?
You might have to find one in a scrap yard. Bear in mind that an Astra with the same engine will probably have the same bracket.

·
Finally back on the road
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yup going by this video it looks like it, must to go in a slight angle to as theres only holes for 2 housing bolts. (Cant upload the photo)

·
15,154 Posts
If it is a YouTube video post the link - uploading videos directly is not possible.

·
Finally back on the road
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think I've been looking at it wrong as the bracket looks like it bolts onto back of starter instead of a spacer but then doesnt explain why there is not enough clearance from flywheel.

·
Premium Member
3,199 Posts
Are you sure you have the correct starter?
Can you put up pictures of the damaged starter?

Reactions: Valer

·
Finally back on the road
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've binned the old one a while back but about 3mm of the pinion was grinded away so someone has had the same problem. But the starter motor I bought was to fit all 8v models of the 1.9cdti and gave him my reg just to be sure.

·
Worn Out Member
7,678 Posts
It could easily be a worn flywheel ring gear damaging the starter rather than the wrong starter

Reactions: Alan G H

·
Finally back on the road
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This is what I was worried about as it's a duel mass flywheel but I also thought if that was the case it wouldnt constantly grind. Since I put washers on it's been fine, just struggles on a cold start so was hoping to remedy problem before proper winter comes.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts