Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2009 Astra twin top with all the usual bells and whistles. One of which is keyless start. But lately when I press the button to turn off the engine it just beeps at me. The fault is intermittent and does it say 1 out of every 5 attempts. I give the key a rattle and keep retrying till it works. I have two keys and have tried having either and both in the car but the problem still persists. Also the touch sensitive door handles only lock on passenger side not driver although drivers used to work. It’s almost like the start stop button isn’t receiving a signal from the key. I’ve replace batteries in both keys but makes no difference. What could it be and what should I check ? I have opcom on laptop and have tried reprogramming keys before

·
16,186 Posts
Isn't there a whole section in OpCom for the PEPS system (keyless entry). Think I would start by looking in there at live data.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wouldn’t be sure what I’m looking at with live data I’ve managed to figure out key programming and unlocking boot etc and there’s no faults been registered. Was thinking about how difficult it would be to change the keys and the module they pair too

1 - 3 of 3 Posts