Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can i drop an SRI 2.2 engine in to my 2.2 Zafira?
My timing chain went on my 2004 Zafira, so I'm trying to get a replacement engine. found an SRI engine with same code (Z22SE), but was wondering if there was any difference.

Any help would be gratefully received.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Hi guys,
Sorry if this has been asked before, but can i drop an SRI 2.2 engine in to my 2.2 Zafira?
My timing chain went on my 2004 Zafira, so I'm trying to get a replacement engine. found an SRI engine with same code (Z22SE), but was wondering if there was any difference.

Any help would be gratefully received.
Usually as a rule only an sri and equivalent engine is no different along as you say engine code matched

The only difference in sri and other is a remap, suspension and interior

Sri of yesteryear meant sport rated injection

Sri of today means sport rated interior
As multi fed fule injection systems are all but standard

So in today's sri stiffer suspension more hugging seats, more direct steering ect.

So as long as the engine number is the same and the injection system is you should have no problem

If your injection system is different ie spi not mpi then your question is will your current injection system fit the sri as I would imagine if the injection system is different then so would the wiring loom

·
Registered
51 Posts
i never said there was in fact the engine code normally depicts the engine/fuel delivery system combination

however before someone spending money is it not worth the 2 mins it takes to check

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.