Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guy's
right first off you guys are fantastic, learned & done so much to my car thanks to you lot.
Now to the problem, the cars is a W reg(2000) 2ltr vectra SRI 140. Now as I stand at the front of the car and look down just to the left of the downpipe onto the top of the sump I have oil on the top of the sump running down the front, not a lot just enough to piss me off:eh . Now there is also a switch/censor right there and i think it could be coming from that.

So is it easy to swap out and does anyone know what the censor is as i can't find any info on it in the haynes manual.

Thanks in advance for any input on the problem. Rez.;)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi! mate,
thanks for that, it is infact the problem, it has an O ring to seal the censor that needs replacing. Just looked in the Haynes manual and it appears i need to drop the oil and remove the sump to do it.
Cheers Rez.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I've just read up on it and it's going to get dirty, I'm going to have to drop the front pipe(bolts will probably snap) and I may have to split one of the drive shafts out to get the sump off. I need to buy a new torque wrench from (5NM) to refit the bolts as the one i have goes from 14NM. I'm going to loose my new filter and synth oil all for the sake of an £1.45 O ring. I'm well pissed. I wish I lived next door to the guy that designed this,( I'd burn his house down).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts