Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 07 Corsa 1.2 CDTi has developed a squealing noise from under the bonnet. During a recent service, the mechanic changed the auxillary belt telling me that was causing the problem. But it hasn't. It's not as bad as it was, but it's really annoying. And, as is the way, my 12months Network Q has just ran out.

Any Ideas.

Cheers

John

·
Premium Member
5,300 Posts
My 07 Corsa 1.2 CDTi has developed a squealing noise from under the bonnet. During a recent service, the mechanic changed the auxillary belt telling me that was causing the problem. But it hasn't. It's not as bad as it was, but it's really annoying. And, as is the way, my 12months Network Q has just ran out.

Any Ideas.

Cheers

John
could be the alternater belt of the belt for the air con(if it has i t)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry back to this again.

The belt was changed in Feb, never sorted it. Just had the auto tensioner changed, my mechanic was confident that was the problem. But it never fixed it, still squeals.

He said he rang a mate at my local vauxhall dealer who said that its a clutch mechanism in the ancillary belt system that can squeal????

Gonna take it back to my dealer tomorrow. The car had a service on 14/11/07 at 14211 miles and again on 10-01-09 at 29544 miles. Are my service intervals OK.

Any comments.

Thanks

John

·
Premium Member
3,548 Posts
I honestly cannot believe that even with advances in oil technology that oil lasts for 20,000 miles. I have an Astra G used as a Taxi (in Stockton Stocktonlad) and I do a full service at 20,000 miles with interim oil and filter changes at about 6,500 miles. It's now on 244,000 miles and is a petrol/gas engine.

·
chrisshu
536 Posts
Hi, as a matter of interest, with my '03 Astra, I had the 1500 service where they don't change the oil/filter but leave it till the 15.000 service. I changed it at the 1500 mark and every 5 thou since.Call me 'old fashioned', but even with todays technology I believe after 'running in' you should change the oil/filter to remove any minute metal particles . Chris

·
VxON Member 0305
202 Posts
Hi, as a matter of interest, with my '03 Astra, I had the 1500 service where they don't change the oil/filter but leave it till the 15.000 service. I changed it at the 1500 mark and every 5 thou since.Call me 'old fashioned', but even with todays technology I believe after 'running in' you should change the oil/filter to remove any minute metal particles . Chris

Agreed mate,my oil gets changed every 5000 miles regardless:Cool2:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.