Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

Had a scare this morning which has been on my mind for most of the day. As I pressed the key fob to unlock my Astra Mk6 at 05:30 this morning and jumped into the car, I noticed that three windows were half open and the driver's window open fully! My first though was that someone had pinged my key fob, opened the driver's door and then opened all the windows (though trying later, it seems that there's no power to the windows until the key is turned).

When I returned home the first thing after opening my front door was to check the CCTV from overnight. I saw nothing until... 05:30. Then, as I leave the house I clearly see the indicators flash x2 twice (I must have pressed the fob twice) and the interior light come on and then the windows open!

I have previously noticed an open rear window and separately, a part-open front window but not so regularly that I was sure it wasn't Alzheimer's taking a hold on me!

Can anyone tell me, have I stumbled across a design feature, say remote opening of the windows for a hot day or is the car's "brain" on its way out?

I'll see if I can upload the CCTV footage soon.

Thanks, S.

·
Premium Member
11,080 Posts
To get the windows to open on the Vectra C you have to hold the open button on the key fob, or hold close to close them.

Have you pressed it in your pocket by accident or has the button jammed as you pressed it.

·
Premium Member
14,821 Posts
There is a function from the J kefob on some models that you can open the windows too. Was a while ago with mine, but I switched this function off on mine, as mine had opened themselves once too. Think it was probably due to be dropping my keyfob. I also ahve this function turned off on my K, via the settings menu.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts