Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The light is staying on on my split charge relay (vsr). I assume this will drain my starter battery, as I had a dead battery just a few days ago just after I'd hooked it up for the first time. Why is this and what can I do?

Cheers as always
Hamish

·
Premium Member
370 Posts
The first thing I would do is disconnect the alternator feed to the VSR and connect it directly to your starter battery, as it would have been initially before any (and I am making an assumption) leisure batteries and the VSR were fitted. Then measure the voltage at the starter battery terminals with the engine running. The voltage should increase to around 14 volts if the batter y is being charged. If the voltage doesn't increase then your alternator could be shot. if the voltage does go up then the VSR is faulty. This is one way to connect a VSR.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So voltage does rise and vsr is connected to the starter battery (was connected...) And the voltage read on the battery is below the stated cut out on the vsr

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Really must invest in one of these split chargers my vans now a camper with a leisure battery on board but I have to charge the battery manually by a charger.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts