Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After finding that Pocketgpsworld now charge a £19 subscription if you want to download the speed camera database does anybody know of one as good or should I just stump up the cash.

Given the fact they are not supposed to be installing any new sites for a year would I just be better off paying £2 for one months membership.

·
Premium Member
662 Posts
I bought a Garmin Portable Sat Nav from work at the beginning of the month. I've upgraded the software to show the speed cameras as POIs. Its just a bunch of .csv files with all the data in. If you PM me your email address, I'd be happy to emails them over. You then just need a POI loader to put them on the Sat Nav.

·
I'll do it eventually...
586 Posts
I used to use something called POIEdit before i got my TomTom Navigator 5.

That used to be free, not sure if it still is or not

·
6,336 Posts
you can use the edit if you know where the new ones are or add them as yuo pass them ... but I reckon a $19pa sub isn't too bad if you use it ... think of the subs you'd have to stump up using a RoadAngel GPS or similar .. and PocketGPSWorld is ultimatley better, more comprehensive and more up to date ... :up:

·
15,300 Posts
Id just pay the £2 and get an update every few months, its not like they change that much every other day

·
Premium Member
31,460 Posts
I use POI Warner, 14 Euros per annum. Also available from PocketGPSWorld

1 - 7 of 7 Posts