Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

When i go over speed bumps i get a loud creaking noise from the front of the car and then a lound creaking noise from the back of the car at the rear wheels pass over.

Does anyone know what this could be?

BAX

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dont know where you are going with this. But is p###ing it down here so i will let you know soon.

BAX

·
CavWeb's Official Penis!
5,913 Posts
Knackered Springs?

·
Registered
31 Posts
The noise at the back could be a very simple problem to fix. At the back of my vec i had strange creaking noises occuring, even when driving on flat roads and found it to be rubber stoppers that hold the parcel shelf in place. I made sure these were secure lined them with grease and after that no creaks! As for the noises at the front, it may be your dash creaking (quite common in vectra's). Try these out, if this doesn't resolve the problem it may be your springs, shocks or bushes.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i have the same on my omega going one way over a set of speed bumps near me but not if i come up the road and go over the other side of the speed bump. sounds like something is loose on mine sometimes, especially from the front

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The ride over very bumpy roads is very hard and every shock goes right through the car. i thinks it maybe the shocks that are on their way out.

chreers guys,
BAX.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
i had new ones put on my corsa and it was a vast improvement in cornering, they were only cheap pattern parts aswell

1 - 10 of 10 Posts