Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Swear to God I am not buying a car if family (in laws) again.... Some of you may know I have spent a lot of time since I bought it working on it and getting systems working as they should....

Ok some may say at 300quid and no service history it's a gamble I took it and to be honest it's still paying off with only a service and engine stat and coolant change to go but how the hell can a mechanic (so he says) not check spark plugs..... My Seat Ibiza blew it's engine thanls to a faulty spark plug and when I checked these to see what they where I was greeted by this

I have seen any as bad before. Changed for NGK

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
618 Posts
Ehh those plugs are good for another 100k yet ;)

I've seen worse, should of seen the plugs I took out of my brother in laws Astra once hardly any electrode left, when I drove out to my place I was glad to get out of it like that feeling of when you've just landed after a really rough flight lol, maintenance is not his strong point.

Those plugs look like it's burning a some oil though.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Does it now run ok? If so get shot of it.
Rule 1: Never buy or accept a car off family.
Rule 2: Never sell or give a car to family.
Rule: 3 as rule 1 and 2 but replace "family" with "friend"
Rule 4" as rule 1 and 2 but replace "family" with "co-worker"
I broke Rule 4 quite a long time ago (twice in close succession --- never again) .... bought a Polo that turned out to use oil 'cos its oil control rings were shot ... sold a good running Fiesta (visible but repairable slight accident damage) that turned out to have a cracked cylinder head unknown to me. Never again . The hassle and arguments were not worth it!! ... all cars since p/x at a garage. :)

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ha just seen these replies, the first I shall check new plugs but not seen any blue smoke out the back and the second I had no choice and I'd have better luck convincing a bear to sleep with me than sell it on yet (wife put the stoppers on ha)

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts