Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 54 astravan cdti has no spare key. Am I right in thinking I can get a second hand key with transmitter, change the 'key' and have the transmitter reprogrammed? or is it the car that needs reprogramming? I have the codes card. Has anyone a good contact in derby area for reprogamming?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Some key fobs won't work with your van and some will. If you have a factory alarm for example you will need a fob that suits a vehicle with a factory alarm. I got a key from a 1999 Astra and the fob programmed no problem to my 54 plate Astravan CDTi but you need a Tech 2 to program it.
The transponder chip for the immobiliser can't be re=programmed to a different car once it has been programmed though, you will need a new one.
I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for replys
Bought a key from ebay, £2.53
its from a Zafira had a new key cut and tried to have it reprogramed but was told there are three different manuracturers of the key boards this one didnt work with mine. Cost was under 50,cost of new fob is 70, TIP open up the fob and read the makers name on the board to be safe.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.