Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 2007 CLUB CDTI EST
- has a fault with an engine management light - the spanner flashed on and stayed on and then it went out and the carb looking light.icon came on and stayed on. climbing up hill it started to gasp. The handbook indicated it may be emissions control showing a malfunction. I dont know too much but I know the EGR valve does inform the ECU about air .deisel exhaust issues. It was so quick. I travelled back with no problems and gingerly climbed the 1:8 hill up a half mile to my home . The management light did NOT FLASH intermittantly - but just stayed on, The spanner light did eventually go out bit only after the management light stayed on.
Any concrete ideas please comment. It is going into the main dealer for a recall next week for the horn / radio control wheel fault so I will get it put on the diagnostic - but any thing else I dont want to get caught out with their labour prices if possible.

briane

·
Premium Member
Astra K 1.4t (150) auto SRI NAV
17,100 Posts
You'll need codes read. Could see if pedal test works, flash up any codes. Now it's out of warranty you don't have to take it to dealer/stealers to have codes read, could use an trusted independent garage. Save cash.
Pedal test, as follows:-
Turn ignition off. Press accelerator & brake pedal down. Keep them down. Turn ignition on (don't start car). Keep feet down on pedals. Codes should then flash up on dash, where mileage usually displayed.
Could also be a dpf fault, if your car is fitted with one? Codes should bring that up.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the welcome info. It has proved used very useful. I did as you suggested and deployed the pedals and hey presto - some info flashed on the screen. It showed two codes and they were " 50074" and "2345A".
I tried to access the relevant info and on a certain site related to the code explanation there was a digit that ended . --------74 which I believe refers to the "air mass sensor".
So maybe that is the solution.If you are more au fait with these coded - further discussion could be very useful.
Thankyou Again,
briane777

THE ERROR CODES are 50074 and 2345A as listed on my vehicle

1 - 3 of 3 Posts