Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , need help driving my car it started making noise a bit like a drill in the background , a mile down road it stopped dead . I got it towed home and tried starting it , it cranked but didn’t seem enough power in battery . Next day I fully charged battery and had it checked with meter tried to turn car over , nothing just a quiet single click noise . Checked cam belt fan belt changed 30 amp relay by battery box changed for new one checked all fuses passenger side and in engine . Nothing . Bumped car and it started soon as ignition of wouldn’t start . Did pedal test codes 1481/1482/1483 checked these and came up blower/ etc don’t know why it won’t turn over ( no crank no start ) cannot afford to waste money . Also used code reader and strangely it said no codes detected even though eml is on as second bank 02 sensor needs changing . Please help would it be started motor don’t think so as this wouldn’t stall the car in motion thanks for any help offered

·
13,834 Posts
My starter motor just failed one day with no warning.

You need a decent Vauxhall compatible code reader like OpCom, Vauxcom or Tech2. Cheapy ones don't play nicely with Vauxhalls, which is why you are not pulling a code off, even though your engine light is on.

Agree that it may be your battery that has died. You can get a free battery check at Halfrauds and other places so that is the first thing to get checked out.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts