Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a quick question here - after a slight accident with my current faceplate from my sony cdx-ca900, I was wondering wether I can use a different faceplate from the same model stereo. E-mailed Sony who want £80 for a new faceplate, and won't say if other faceplates work
Any help appreciated
Chris

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
So, from that theory, if some twocing scum stole ur stereo without the face, they could use it with ANY face from the same model!

I hope that's ****** cos half the point of the removable facia is that the rest of the stereo is useless without YOUR facia (ie, they're all coded/encrypted etc)!

·
Premium Member
5,682 Posts
TheMorphiuz said:
I hope that's ****** cos half the point of the removable facia is that the rest of the stereo is useless without YOUR facia (ie, they're all coded/encrypted etc)!
Nope... the point is the back is useless without a face, it is possible to obtain a new face but thieving scumbags are usually opportunist and aren't going to go spending £80 on a face for a unit they've pinched so they can sell the whole thing down the pub for £50 and as a result won't be interested in a unit with the face removed.

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Explain why some "oportunist" chav stole my mates JVC from the middle of Stockport...

·
Premium Member
10,875 Posts
Matt N said:
Because some people are just ****ing idiots and thieve for the sake of thieving?
Ah, that makes sense... tee hee there's a Fiesta, let's smash its rear quarter... ooo a head unit....!

Useless but they still got to shatter a little window!

·
Premium Member
2,919 Posts
TheMorphiuz said:
Explain why some "oportunist" chav stole my mates JVC from the middle of Stockport...

Mmmm coz they are chav ******s.......

Although i had JUST the face plate nicked off my JVC (in stockport too) what model was ya mates jvc.

As for the sony thing will post a couple of pics later of my & ole mans HU. Both Sony unit HIS is a minidisc player where as mines a tape - both facias work on the oppersite model...

A did my mates face off his Jvc onto mine.........

As already said thevin scum dont want the trouble of getting a new face if they nick a HU without non..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts