Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, have an astra h 1.9cdti.
Common fuel rail pressure is 9.00mpa on crank. Desired is 34.30
Fuel rail pressure control solenoid valve is 0% and 0 V.
Lift pump is priming and only fault code is for Air intake temperature sensor. Wouldnt think this would affect the fuel pressure. Have rechecked the wiring to ecu and pins are in the right place. As this is an Engine and ecu swap from 1.7cdti. Any ideas would be much appriceated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Rail pressure voltage is 0.53V
No voltage on fuel rail pressure control solenoid.
Fuel metering solenoid is zero zero and goes 45% and 1.5V on crank
Replaced mAF there and all fault codes are gone.no dtcs present

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Fired up with a spray of "start you *******", sounded very rough and shut down straight away..

·
14,538 Posts
So to be clear you have put a 1.7 engine into your 1.9 and are using the 1.7 or the 1.9 ecu?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have Replaced and coded the ecu and clocks and wired in a lift pump that works. Coded injectors to ecu as the ecu was from a different car

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
Probably wont have a Fuel rail pressure control solenoid valve, just a pressure sensor on one end of the rail, you need to find out where the fuels going, does it have fuel at the pump, what happens if you remove the leak off pipes from the injectors, do you get fuel from the top of the injectors while cranking, are the injectors being pulsed while cranking.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ill try take off the top pipes tomorrow evening and crank it.. The 4 injectors are saying 0 mg/stroke in the live reading. And swinging very fast like No fuel at all. I do have the 2 pin solenoid at left side of rail looking at it and pressure sensor on the right hand side. 3 pin. The Engine is from an 06 vectra c which has the sensor but the harness from an astra had No wires for it so i took the wires from the vectra loom and ran from the ecu.

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
And is the ecu software compatible with the type of fuel rail you have, if its showing 0V for the relief valve then probably not.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Herself was cranking while i sprayed in easy start. She said the readings went up when it fired up

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hi andy, pulled the top hose from injector 1 and there was a healthy squirt from the pipe and the injector. Will do tomorrow evening, is the relief valve on the hp pump or the left of rail. I replaced lift pump today and no difference. Thanks for your help

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
No voltage on the relief sensor so do i need the ecu for that rail or change the rail itself or could i blank off the valve?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
So unplug the relief valve turn the ignition on and measure what voltage you have at both pins.
Changed the rail and the blank off return pipe for the one without the rail pressure control solenoid and without return. Sounds a little bit rough but might just be because it hasnt started in over a year and No boost but starts and drives ony a few small bits left to do.
Big thanks to andyl for the help.
And thanks to everyone who had an input. Cheers lads

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
@andyl sorted the boost issue but she throws code p0001 low fuel pressure under load. Just wonering, i got a lift pump from breakers yard and i.asked for 1.9 but this says 1.3cdti on the bottom. Any idea would they be the same,.. Cheers

·
Premium Member
15,101 Posts
No its a different pump mate,.. one is driven by the cam belt and has a tapered drive the 1.3 is driven from the back of the cam and uses a slotted drive.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
No its a different pump mate,.. one is driven by the cam belt and has a tapered drive the 1.3 is driven from the back of the cam and uses a slotted drive.
I meant lift pump in tank.. Just solved. Non return. Valve for injectors return faulty

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Just fixed low fuel pressure problem in my z19dth 09 astra. I don't know what the non return valve is called because I'm a bricky. go darkside at night and weekends

Fuel connection above the hp pump that Tees off to the hp pump and the return from top of injectors.. From what I've learnt here is that it's a non return valve for the injectors, which in my case has failed and this came from a scrap yard so probably why the car was scrapped..
Caused codes rail pressure low and limp mode. Blocked the pipe and routed injector returns to a bottle and it drives 100%.

Diagnosis..

Take off tee at injectors and turn on key. If diesel flows out heading for injectors then the valve is fooked

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just to add. I did an accurate leak down test, changed lift pump (3 times) , fuel filter, fuel rail. Cleaned out tank. Changed sensors on rail and high pressure pump (which need reset on opcom). None of which fixed low pressure and slow start and limp mode

1 - 20 of 20 Posts