Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
And very excited I am too :) I should be collecting it at the weekend, wooohoo!

I have a couple of related and not so related questions...

My new MV6 is a facelift 2000 model, it has the double din stereo but horror of horrors it's only a casette!! How do they look with a fascia adapter and a normal head unit? There are some omega double din's on ebay for £70, are they much cop?

Can anyone recommend an alloy wheel repair centre (for a warped alloy, not scratched) in South East London or North Kent? Rough idea of prices?

Can anyone recommend a valet/washing centre in South East London or North Kent?

Once i've got it here and it's shiny and sexy i'll post some pics.

Cheers
Rs

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
they look OK with a facsia adaptor, despite appearances to the contrary a normal double-DIN head unit won't fit unfortunately!

What's the model of the head unit, as far as I'm aware even the lowest spec facelift omega would have a single slot CD player. Are you sure it's not got the 4-disc changer at the bottom and a cassette player at the top of the head unit?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's definitely a cassette only HU, i've asked the seller for the model number. It's ex plod so probably why it's so basic. Wondering whether to remove and replace with my existing JVC HU and fascia adapter ot buy a replacement Vx DIN Cd player like this http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/VAUXHALL-CDR-...ryZ75324QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I see you're in my area-ish (i'm in SE London) sounds2k, can you recommend anyone for my other 2 questions?

Cheers
Rs

·
Premium Member
657 Posts
there is a wheel refurb place in Gillingham - they were featured in car mechanics mag recently - but I seem to remember buckled wheels are a no-no. Plus when I visited them about a month ago apparently there is a 2-3 month waiting list!

As the car is ex-plod it'll have standard speakers, etc - so personally I'd go for an aftermarket head unit. Then you can fit one which does MP3 files, etc which a Vx one won't. I've stuck with my Vx one mainly because it's got the complete bose setup, but the fact that it has a 4-disc changer and a single slot CD player (which doubles up for sat nav) is a bit of a pain due to needing to change CDs all the time. If it went belly up I'd seriously consider replacing the head unit for a normal one and either adapting the head unit to drive the bose setup or bypassing that too and fitting a sub to fill in the bottom end.

As for valet/washing ... kerbside autos for me (with assistance from auto gylm and meguiars), there are a few drive-in "hand" car washes about too but I'd rather DIY and be sure that the job is done properly ...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts