Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
22,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who else has got it and whats its state?

At 7:30 this morn, we had very little, at 8:30 there was 3 inches and its still snowing...its proper good snow too, dry, so snowball & snowman quality.

Trouble is, i had to go out earlier to pick up the papers, post some mail and get the milk from the Farm...got to the end of my road and no sign of any gritting...and we live on the top of a hill, so considering there was very little grip on my road, i turned back...and i can see the road from where im sitting, and it still hasnt been gritted...halfwitt council!

·
Premium Member
3,845 Posts
Its sunny here

·
Rascal
12,266 Posts
Know what you mean mate, one time when I was up in Lakes it snowed heavily the night before we were due to leave. My grandparents live just over Scout Scar from Kendal, towards Underbarrow. Normally we go up over the Scar and join the bypass on the bridge, but mums car couldn't get any grip going up the hill, so we had to go all the way down through the ungritted roads and join it further down. And just as we came to it, yep, the gritter lorry was turning off to go the route we'd come. And covered the car in snow
Anyway, have fun making snowmen, its just fricking cold here!

·
22,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
shakermaker said:
My grandparents live just over Scout Scar from Kendal, towards Underbarrow. Normally we go up over the Scar and join the bypass on the bridge
That's naughty...its a private road, i know a few people that use it though.

·
Rascal
12,266 Posts
MadOnVaux! said:
That's naughty...its a private road, i know a few people that use it though.
Yes it is, but of all the times I've been up there only once have we had to not use it, mum had to quickly pretend to the police car there that she'd got a bit lost and wanted to check her map!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts