Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have smoke coming from the front of the engine after driving for 30mins or more. Oil level is good and radiator fluid is full. Any ideas :eh ?

·
Premium Member
401 Posts
The under-bonnet component layout differs according to the engine - what engine does your Vectra have?

As daft as this might seem, it might help if you could describe the smell of the smoke if possible.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The under-bonnet component layout differs according to the engine - what engine does your Vectra have?

As daft as this might seem, it might help if you could describe the smell of the smoke if possible.

It is a Ecotech 1799cc. Smoke did smell like burning rubber, and I thought it might be the brake pads as I had new ones fitted about 3 weeks ago. SOmeone else suggested it smelt like the gear box oil burning.

·
6,336 Posts
most liekly to be a leaking rocker cover ... weeping onto the exhaust manifold and burning off

·
Registered
3 Posts
thanks for that. Maybe you can help me with my other issue. If i apply the hand brakke whilst still moving at slow speed there is a clunk niose and it seems to rock the suspension side to side. I have no idea about this

·
Registered
17 Posts
I also had this problem, a little smoke after 30/40 mins driving. I can confirm my fault was a rocker valve stuck open.

Fix was about 80 quid (they may have seen me coming)

I did think I had a oil leak of sorts, but after I took it in and they explained the fault, a little bit of research on rocker valves explained the smoke.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts