Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im getting the smell of petrol fumes entering the cabin. I think its probably a split hose or something like that.

Any ideas?

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
choked breather pipe?

have you had a look under the car, specifically at the tank for any sign of leaks?

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
stuart002 said:
choked breather pipe?

have you had a look under the car, specifically at the tank for any sign of leaks?
No havn't yet mate. I'll check tomorrow. In fact, ill have a good check everywhere for leaks. I hope its a simple hose change. Dont want it to be a big job.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
MoonAndStar said:
No havn't yet mate. I'll check tomorrow. In fact, ill have a good check everywhere for leaks. I hope its a simple hose change. Dont want it to be a big job.
lol. :lmao: im sure it will be.

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Update.

There are two hoses going into the block, they are soaked in petrol and there is a slow dripping leakage. Are these two hoses direct from the fuel lines?

·
Degenerated!!
2,540 Posts
I wouldn't of thought the two pipes going back in to the block were petrol. Unless it was going back to the manifold. Maybe it could be the coolant pipes and the fuel leak is above them?

I'm just having to replace the Injector Seals on my Cali as they are pissing fuel everywhere. You can really smell petrol in and out the cabin. It's not good plus the MPG is caaarp.

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
If you can get a pic, might be easier to determine?

Follow the hoses back, where do they go to fro the block, if its down the wheel arche, then yes they most likely connect to the fuel lines direct and its not to difficult to replace. I would however check the condition of the actual fuel pipes under the car as I started something simular and the line collapsed and fuel pissed everywhere :(

If the lines look badly corroded, just replace the whole lot :)

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
a pic as said would be helpful, the pipes go into the block??:eh are you sure you mean the block mate?

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
stuart002 said:
a pic as said would be helpful, the pipes go into the block??:eh are you sure you mean the block mate?
:eh :lmao: Im sorry my description was as clear as a label on an Egyptian wisky bottle. I shall take a picture tomorrow and post it up.

Please forgive me, I have been working every damn day so I can't really speak properly let alone type.

:up:

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
MoonAndStar said:
:eh :lmao: Im sorry my description was as clear as a label on an Egyptian wisky bottle.

:up:

:lmao: :lmao:

good stuff mate. yeah get some pics up and no doubt someone will sort ya out.

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I know I havn't posted a pic, damn digital camera don't work due to dead batteries. BUT I have found out what the problem is. Basically the fuel lines follow from the underneath the car up into the engine bay. There are two rubber hoses which attach from the fuel lines to the inlet manifold where the injectors are. One of those rubber hoses is leaking (the hole is probably as small as a pin head). I revved the engine using the lever in the engine bay and I could see it squirting ever so little. The in car fan receives air from the engine and the rubber hoses are literally inches away from the air ducts, hence the strong smell of petrol in the cabin.

I will pop into Vauxhall Monday morning, they are closed now and tomorrow and buy the two hoses. Shouldn't cost more than £20. Its a straight swap, all you have to do is unscrew the clips which hold the hoses in place and its all good :up:

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
glad to hear you have it pretty much sorted :D

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
Good Good :)

Carb or injection?

·
8v Power!
10,748 Posts
i dunno :p

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Mateys, got any idea what diameter the inlet fuel hoses are? I have tried checking the Haynes Manual but can't find nothing.

·
VxOn's Nissan Advocate
1,324 Posts
erm no. lol but vaux should b able to identify the exact part. you'll be getting a bit light headed with the smell belching through th heater vents i asssume?! lol

·
VxONs Turk
2,525 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
stuart002 said:
erm no. lol but vaux should b able to identify the exact part. you'll be getting a bit light headed with the smell belching through th heater vents i asssume?! lol
Yeah especially today. Went to tsee my nan for mothers day. By the time I got home I was singing :lmao:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts