Vauxhall Owners Network Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. I have an 04 signum 2.0T. Had a problem with the screen washer system not working but sorted that by removing pump and filter, good cleen and flushed the bottle out. Now when i spray the washers there is quite a strong smell, which as my friend last night pointed out can really only be described as "cat piss".!!

Any ideas???

Cheers

Rich:shame:

·
Registered
17 Posts
You say that you have flushed it out, with what? As it has laid dormant for a time try flushing with a disinfectant to remove any little bacteria. Then refill with a scented screen wash, a lot of them give off a perfumed type smell when used. but not overpowering. Any smell will be better than your mates "cats *%$ ".

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Flushed the bottle out with lots of hot water which removed the gunk sitting in the bottom. Washer fluid is a tesco job in a 50/50 mix. Is it worth running the washers with the disinfectant in the bottle to clean the pipes as well? the system hasn't laid dormant at all. have been using the washers all the time for the last 3 months as I travel on the crappy m11 every day!!

·
Registered
112 Posts
When I had that I just bought a small bottle of Zoflora disinfectent from tesco, and put a tiny bit in diluted with water. Left it overnight, next day I squirted it all out, filled it with water only, flushed it out again, then repeated it again just to make sure (don't want my paint melting or anything :)). Then I stuck some apple scented screenwash in from Halfords, and it sorted the problem.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.